2013-11-08 17:11:43 - Fast Market Research recommends "Qatar Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
We have a bright outlook for Qatar's consumer electronics market and forecast it will grow by a CAGR of 9.5% to 2017 in US dollar terms. This positive outlook is underpinned by strong macroeconomic fundamentals, with real private and government consumption growth estimated at 8% and 12% respectively in 2013. Within the consumer electronics sector, an evolving retail landscape, as telecoms operators push smartphones and tablets, will stimulate sales, as will the popularity of new technologies and form factors such as tablets and laptop hybrids in the computer market.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: We forecast growth from US$624mn in 2013 to US$888mn in 2017, a CAGR of 9.2% in US dollar terms. Rapid growth of tablet sales as
the market deepens following competition for Apple from Windows 8 and Android devices, as well as the nascent hybrid/convertible market, will drive sales.
* AV Sales: We forecast growth from US$368mn in 2013 to US$517mn in 2017, CAGR of 9% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with flat-screen, Smart and 3D TV sets the main growth driver due to a high penetration of existing TV sets, requiring innovation to spur spending in the upgrade market.
* Handset Sales: We forecast growth from US$119mn in 2013 to US$186mn in 2017, a CAGR of 12.5% in US dollar terms. Operator promotions and intense competition between leading international vendors and newer vendors from China will prove a catalyst for smartphone demand growth.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/700739_qatar_consumer_electronics_report_q4_ ..
Qatar received an improved score of 56.2 out of 100.0 in MEA CE RRR table.
Key Trends & Developments
* The release of Microsoft's Windows 8 in October 2012 and Intel's new Haswell chipsets in June 2013 has ushered in a new period of innovation that will shape the PC market over the coming years. The launch of Windows 8 gave a wider range of vendors access to a touch compatible OS, which has sparked competition in terms of price and design that is deepening the tablet and laptop market. Haswell chips are also enabling more slimline design and longer battery life, enabling vendors to create hybrids/ convertibles and ultra-slim notebooks that leverage Microsoft's traditional strength in productivity software. These new devices should challenge the tablet-notebook distinction, which could potentially undermine the success of Apple, which has found a receptive customer base in Qatar for its iPad, as well as Android partner vendors which began to gain traction in the tablet market in 2012.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2010-2017
- Table: Qatar - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Middle East & Africa Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Middle East And Africa Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: PC Sales, 2010-2017
- Table: AV Sales, 2010-2017
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Mobile Communications, 2010-2017
- AV Devices
- Mobile Handsets
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Distributors For Leading Brands
- Table: Qatar Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Jumbo Electronics
- Eros Group
- Axiom Telecom
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Qatar's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Qatar's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Qatar's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Qatar's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Electronics Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.