2013-02-01 18:19:41 - New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Vietnam Petrochemicals Report 2013"
BMI's latest Vietnam Petrochemicals Report examines the country's move towards greater selfsufficiency in basic chemicals, which points the way towards future product diversification. It also examines the hurdles to investment and recent market trends, which pose both short- and medium-term challenges to the industry.
The Vietnamese petrochemicals industry is set to experience a surge in capacity after 2015 due to the completion of two new complexes in Nghi Son and on Long Son Island. These will transform Vietnam from a net importer of petrochemicals into a self-sufficient producer of basic chemicals with a long-term capacity for further downstream development. On the downside, the business environment has not been conducive to investment in petrochemicals. Vietnamese production will have to compete with imports
from Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia, which are currently major suppliers of plastic resins to Vietnam. To be able to compete with these established players, the Vietnamese government will need to improve the country's infrastructure and streamline bureaucratic procedures for project approval.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529539_vietnam_petrochemicals_report_2013.as ..
BMI has made the following revisions to its forecast:
* Vietnam is set for ethylene capacity of 1.4mn tonnes per annum (tpa) by 2017 with downstream operations including 750,000tpa polypropylene (PP) and 800,000tpa polyethylene (PE). BMI believes the country has significant potential in aromatics and intermediates over the long-term with Long Son having the potential to mirror Thailand's Map Ta Phut in terms of capacity growth and diversification.
* While the domestic market for petrochemicals goods looked gloomy in 2012 with the contraction in the automotive and construction sectors and a slowdown in plastic packaging, BMI anticipates a strengthening of growth over the forecast period, providing a solid basis for growth in the petrochemicals industry.
* With little current domestic petrochemicals activity, Vietnam scores poorly in BMI's Asia Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs). However, it has improved its position since last year, with its score rising 3.3 points to 39.9 - rising from 12th to 11th place, 0.3 points ahead of Philippines and 10.6 points behind Indonesia. Its position has been enhanced by plans for additional highly integrated capacity and an improvement in long-term country risk, although it is still weighed down by poor institutional, financial and external risks.
Report Table of Contents:
- Vietnam Petrochemicals Industry SWOT
- Vietnam Political SWOT
- Vietnam Economic SWOT
- Vietnam Business Environment SWOT
Global Petrochemicals Overview
Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts , 2010-2016
- Table: Middle East Outperforms In Terms of Passenger Growth
Emerging Asia Petrochemicals Overview
Vietnam Market Overview
Industry Trends and Developments
- Table: Vietnam's Petrochemicals Projects
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Vietnam's Petrochemicals Sector, 2010-2017, ('000tpa)
- Table: Vietnam - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Asia Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Petrochemicals Business Environment Ratings
- Vietnam Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
Glossary of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Business Environment Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
- Table: Vietnam's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Vietnam's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Vietnam's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Vietnam's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.