2013-12-27 12:16:06 - New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Russia Defence & Security Report Q1 2014"
Russia is continuing to procure new military equipment and to gradually professionalise its army. One of the most ambitious procurement programmes is occurring in the country's air force, which is purchasing hundreds of new warplanes, special mission aircraft and freighters over the next decade, with this force modernisation expected to conclude by 2020. In addition, the Russian army is planning to replace a wide range of its current armoured vehicle fleet with a family of modular platforms that can be configured according to the missions that they are to perform. Moreover, the navy is acquiring new vessels, although of all of Russia's armed services, the navy seems to have the least ambitious procurement plans in terms of platform acquisition. This
is not surprising, it has arguably always been considered a relatively junior service compared to the Russian Army and, to a lesser extent, the Russian Air Force.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754652_russia_defence_security_report_q1_201 ..
At the diplomatic level, Russo-Japanese relations are being enhanced with a bilateral ministerial meetings. Items under discussion between the two countries include the long-term future of the disputed Kuril Islands and security cooperation between the two countries. Similarly, Q413 has seen the heads of the Russian and Iranian air forces meeting to discuss cooperation between the two services.
Russia has reportedly increased its shipments of materiel to the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as the civil war in that country continued to rage. Russia has also brokered an initiative to catalogue and remove chemical weapons from Syria by the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
Moreover, in Q413 Russia increased and broadened the nature of its naval deployments to the Mediterranean in its efforts to monitor the situation in Syria.
BMI has made a number of additions to the Russia Defence Security report. Broadly speaking they cover:
* Russian plans to increase its military presence in Kyrgyzstan.
* Ongoing deliveries of new fifth-generation multirole combat aircraft to the Russian Air Force.
* Induction of new ballistic missile defence systems to protect Russian territory.
* Exports of materiel to Afghanistan and Iraq.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Russia Security SWOT
- Russia Defence SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Russia Defence Expenditure (2010-2017)
- Table: Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2010-2017 (US$mn)
- Armed Forces
- Table: Russia Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Russia Defence Trade Balance (US$mn)
- Table: Russia Defence Exports (US$mn)
- Table: Russia Defence Imports (US$mn)
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Europe Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Regional Security Ratings (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Table: Europe State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Russian Security Rating
- Russia Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Domestic Industries
- Russia Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- Rosoboronexport State Corporation
- Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG (RSK MiG)
- Sukhoi Aviation Corporation
- United Aircraft Corporation
- Kazan Helicopters
- Europe Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Table: Security Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.