2012-08-31 14:20:46 - New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Saudi Arabia Information Technology Report Q3 2012"
BMI View: Saudi IT spending is expected to reach US$2.1bn in 2012, up 9%, with BMI upwardly revising its forecast after the PC market outperformed the MEA region to report solid growth in 2011. Saudi Arabia has the biggest IT market in the Gulf region and the kingdom will continue to be a lucrative market for technology products and services over the forecast period as it invests to upgrade its IT and communications infrastructure. The country's relative political stability compared with some others in the region will also attract vendors.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451376_saudi_arabia_information_technology_r ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$2.0bn in 2011 to US$2.1bn in 2012, +8% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due
to stronger than expected PC sales growth in 2011.
Software sales: US$699mn in 2011 to US$772mn in 2012, +10% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification and software-as-a-service (SaaS) business models are expected to provide a growing opportunity for vendors.
IT services sales: US$1.1bn in 2011 to US$1.2bn in 2012, +10% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification, with increased spending on ICT infrastructure translating into long-term growth in IT services investment
Risk/Reward Ratings: Saudi Arabia's score was 51.5 out of 100.0. Saudi Arabia was in fifth place in our latest MEA RRR table.
Key Trends & Developments.
* Riyadh's 2012 budget has a heavy focus on capital investment to improve the country's transport, energy and social services infrastructure - and this should generate more opportunities for vendors of IT products and services. The next period promises to see more opportunities in sectors such as oil and gas, financial services, healthcare, education and communications.
* Youthful demographics and a growing population should drive demand as BMI predicts that per capita IT spend will reach US$195 by 2016, with PC penetration rising to more than 30%. We see the consumer PC segment holding up relatively well in 2012 as public sector wages, social benefits and food and fuel subsidies have all been hiked substantially in the past year.
* Government-driven investments in transportation, property constructions, and water and power plants, will drive opportunities for IT vendors. The government's five-year development plan focuses mainly on infrastructure and aims to boost the role of the non-hydrocarbon private sector. Meanwhile, a major restructuring of the electricity market should also create opportunities for technology vendors.
Report Table of Contents:
- Saudi Arabia IT Sector SWOT
- Saudi Arabia Telecoms Industry SWOT
- Saudi Arabia Political SWOT
- Saudi Arabia Economic SWOT
- Saudi Arabia Business Environment SWOT
MEA IT Risk/Reward Ratings
- MEA Q312 IT Risk/Reward Ratings
IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- Industry Developments
- Table: Saudi Arabia IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (US$mn unless otherwise stated), 2008-2016
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2016
- Table: Regional Broadband Penetration Overview
- Saudi Arabia - GDP By Expenditure, Real Growth %, 2008-2016
- Microsoft Corporation
Saudi Arabia Demographic Data
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Saudi Arabia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Transport Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.