2013-10-06 14:55:39 - Inbound tourist volumes in the Netherlands expanded at a CAGR of 3.20% bertween 2008-2012 and is expected to record a CAGR of 1.29% over the next five years.
Tourist volumes in the Netherlands increased during the review period due to the country's improved travel infrastructure and the availability of cheaper travel options. The country's inbound tourist volume expanded at a review-period (2008-2012) CAGR of 3.20% and is expected to record growth over the forecast period (2013-2017) at a CAGR of 1.29%.
* As a result of the European debt crisis, the Dutch economy recorded slow growth in 2012. However, the economic outlook for 2013 suggests recovery with an expected GDP growth of 1.3% and 2.5% by 2014. The travel and tourism sector in the Netherlands is therefore expected to record moderate but consistent growth over the next five years.
* King's Day (formerly Queens Day) is the
biggest national event in Holland, celebrated annually on April 27th. Dutch citizens usually wear orange and music shows, fairs, flea markets and parties are organized throughout the country. Amsterdam and Utrecht attract the largest amount of domestic tourists from other parts of the country.
* Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific contributed the largest amount of inbound tourists in the Netherlands. The Dutch government's initiative to improve road infrastructure across Europe and the introduction of a high-speed passenger service linking Amsterdam and Rotterdam to France, Belgium, Germany and London facilitates travel by road and rail.
* The travellers using intercontinental flights increased mainly due to cheap flight tickets being offered. Tourists therefore opted to go on long haul flights to the US, Antilles, Thailand, Spain, Egypt, Turkey and Mexico. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is aiming to increase travel to emerging economies such as Asia and South America, offering discounts and route expansion.
* Low-cost carrier Transavia expanded its operations from the Netherlands in 2012 to Greece and Italy. The Air France-KLM low-cost airline commenced operations on the route from Amsterdam to Dubai during October 2012. Competition on this route is intensifying with Emirates and KLM already providing daily flights, Garuda Indonesia running four flights a week and Arkefly running flights three times a week.
* European owners continue to dominate the hotel market in Amsterdam with a 51% share of the total upscale hotel bed stock, followed by domestic owners with 26% and US investors with a 19% share. European investors, particularly those from Germany, have been active buyers of hotel real estate in the Netherlands. Union Investment, for example, bought the 207-room Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South Hotel in 2011, while Deka Immobilien bought the 175-room American Hotel, Amsterdam in a sale and leaseback agreement on behalf of its sister company, WestInvest Gesellschaft fur Investmentfonds.
* Europcar is the leading brand in the Dutch car rental market. It partnered with Thalys Rail Service and Accor Hotels through which it provides seasonal discounts and promotions. In June 2013, Sharing Matters became the latest member of the Enterprise-branded car rental businesses in Europe. By September 2013, the company aims to deliver a network of rental locations at major transport and city hubs to serve the increasing demands of inbound leisure and business travelers.
* Tour operators such as BCD Holdings NV, TUI Nederland NV and Globe Reisburo offer a higher level of customized options for Dutch consumers such as web-based interactive itinerary services, social collaboration, directions, travel notes, emergency SOS messages for immediate assistance, and business travel goods and services within a streamlined purchasing environment.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/690200_travel_and_tourism_in_the_netherlands ..
This report provides an extensive analysis related to tourism demands and flows in the Netherlands:
* It details historical values for the Dutch tourism sector for 2008-2012, along with forecast figures for 2013-2017
* It provides comprehensive analysis of the travel and tourism demand factors with values for both the 2008-2012 review period and the 2013-2017 forecast period
* The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in the Netherlands
* It provides employment and salary trends for various categories of the travel and tourism sector
* It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries with values for both the 2008-2012 review period and the 2013-2017 forecast period
Reasons to Get this Report
* Take strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Dutch travel and tourism sector
* Understand the demand-side dynamics within the Dutch travel and tourism sector, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
* Identify the spending patterns of domestic, inbound and outbound tourists by individual categories
* Analyze key employment and compensation data related to the travel and tourism sector in the Netherlands
Companies Mentioned in this Report: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, ArkeFly, Transavia Airlines C.V., Corendon Dutch Airlines B.V., KAV Car, Europcar Netherlands, Sixt B.V., Hertz Holdings Netherlands B.V., National Car Rental Netherlands, Van der Valk Hotels & Restaurants, Bastion Hotel Groep BV, Fletcher Hotel Group, Bilderberg hoofdkantoor, NH Hoteles Netherlands, BCD Holdings N.V., Tui Nederland N.V., Sundio Group B.V., Globe Reisburo, OAD Business Travel
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.