2013-01-15 13:24:28 - Fast Market Research recommends "UK Annual Forecasts 2012-17: Homewares" from Verdict Research, now available
Verdict Research: Retail Futures provides dynamic, accurate forecasts for the homewares market. Data includes market demand and price pressures - with full explanation of assumptions made - every year to 2017. The sub-sectors forecasted within homewares include textiles & soft furnishings and household hardware & lighting
* Plan your pricing strategies by understanding the course inflation will take over the next five years in the two homewares sub-sectors
* Develop your decision making around accurate forecasts for each homewares sub-sector and understand which sub-sectors have the most growth potential
* Create long term business plans based on impact of economic factors on homewares, and how these are set to change over the next two years
* Plan for the future
by analysing upcoming events which will have an impact on homewares expenditure
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/530272_uk_annual_forecasts_201217_homewares. ..
Growth in homewares is linked closely to the UK housing market, which remains largely suppressed both in terms of average values and transaction volumes. While the housing market is weak, growth will remain difficult for homewares retailers as they try to encourage shoppers with restricted budgets so spend on discretionary purchases
Non-specialists are continuing to make their mark on the homewares market, as high footfall into stores, and relevant fashionable ranges provide avenues for growth. While grocers command large amounts of share, their non-food expansion has slowed in recent years, as high fuel prices have prevented shoppers from visiting out of town stores
Dunelm Mill has overtaken longstanding leader John Lewis at the top of the homewares market. Dunelm has focused on store openings, as well as tailoring its ranges to suit a broad range of customers. Its focus on value for money has remained relevant with shoppers throughout the downturn, and resulted in impressive sales increases
Reasons to Get this Report
* When will volumes recover, and which way is inflation going to head?
* What can I do to ensure I am in a good position for the coming five years, protecting profitability and driving sales growth?
* What are the key product categories to focus on over the coming years, and which are best left alone?
Report Table of Contents:
Homewares growth to remain anaemic until 2014
Housing market continues to impact spending;
Grocers have scaled back on non-food expansion;
Sales driven by pent up spending ...
... but impact will be limited and short lived;
Help and tips to use the annual forecasts
Copying data to Excel
Inserting slides into your own presentations
Ask the analyst
Table: Principle sources of data and information
Figure: Verdict forecasting methodology
About Verdict Group
With over 20 years' experience, Verdict Research is the UK's leading authority on retailing, and publishes unrivalled independent analysis. Verdict reports, forecasts, briefings, consumer research and bespoke consulting services provide clients with a complete picture of the UK and international retail arena, helping retailers, manufacturers, service suppliers, city analysts and consultants to fully exploit opportunities within the sector. View more research from Verdict Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1005
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.