2013-02-26 01:30:11 - New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Bosnia-Herzegovina Telecommunications Report Q2 2013"
BMI View: Mobile subscriptions growth is stagnating in Bosnia's telecoms market, a development we expect to drive operators towards the largely underdeveloped broadband market. BMI sees significant growth opportunities in mobile data services, although we caution that uptake is likely to be hindered in the short- to medium term by the country's weak economic and private consumption growth outlook. In the fixed-line sector, the three incumbent operators' expansion also provides opportunities for investments in next generation access networks, which could boost multiplay offerings amid slow growth in single mobile and fixed-line subscriptions.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541146_bosniaherzegovina_telecommunications_ ..
* BMI estimates mobile growth in the first nine months of 2012 added 66,000 new subscribers as strong recovery in Q212and
Q312 offset the negative growth recorded in Q112.
* New data from the regulator, CRA, showed Bosnia's fixed-line market to be declining faster in 2011 than 2010, with the rate of decline accelerating to 4.5%.
* However, CRA data for the fixed broadband market showed strong growth, with total subscriptions increasing 39.2% to reach 430,247 at YE11.
Key Trends & Developments
Mobile number portability (MNP) was finally introduced on January 2013 after many months of delay. The service has sparked another round of promotional activities in the mobile markets, with network operators seeking to attract customers away from rival networks, while retaining their existing client base. We expect this development to boost competition and drive service quality improvement among operators on the one hand, but also increase downward pressure on ARPUs on the other hand.
Despite the weak economic outlook in the country, service providers continue to invest in network infrastructure development for fixed and mobile services. Most new investments are geared towards highspeed data services and multiplay offerings. BMI expects the multiplay offerings to sustain growth in the fixed broadband market, which faces intense competition from wireless broadband technologies. This view is supported by the rapid expansion of IPTV services in terms of available channels and coverage, as well as the launch of promotional activities akin to the price competition in the mobile market.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Executive Summary
- Fixed Line/Broadband
- Business Environment
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q213
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts 2010-2017
- Table: Bosnian Telecoms Sector - Mobile ARPU
- Fixed Line
- Table: Industry Forecast - Fixed Line
- Table: Industry Forecast - Internet
- Regional Overview
- Table: Regional Comparison Table, 2012
- Key Developments
- Mobile Growth
- Market Share
- Subscriber Mix
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina Mobile Market Overview
- Table: Mobilne Srpske
- Table: BH Telecom
- Table: HT Mostar
- CEE Mobile Content - Q412
- Data Heavy Content Places Networks In Spotlight
- Fixed Line
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Fixed-Line Operators
- Table: Wireline Developments, 2009-2011
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Selected Developments
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina: Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Industry Developments
- Table: Key Players: Bosnian Telecoms Sector
- Table: Selected Operators Financial Indicators
- BH Telecom
- Alcatel Lucent
- Table: Alcatel-Lucent: Quarterly Breakdowns Of Revenue By Segment, 2011-2012 (EURmn)
- Under Pressure, Despite Carriers' Need For More Bandwidth
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Bosnia & Herzegovina's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.