Fast Market Research recommends "Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q2 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-27 12:56:45
Despite slower than expected economic recovery in 2013, our outlook for Vietnam's economy in 2014 is positive. Recently released macroeconomic data shows a strong rebound in domestic consumption, which is felt across a wide spectrum of consumer industries. The consumer is expected to benefit from rising inflow of remittances and suppressed levels of inflation over the coming quarters. While we have maintained our 2014 GDP growth forecast at 6.0%, we see potential for upside surprises. Food and drink consumption within the country will grow at a thoroughly impressive based, delivering double-digit annual growth through to our forecast period.
Headline Industry Data
* 2014 total food consumption (local currency) growth: +19.2%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2014 to 2018: +15.5%.
* 2014 per capita food consumption (local currency) growth: +18.1%; CAGR to 2018: +14.7%.
* 2014 alcoholic drinks value (local currency) sales growth: +12.0%; CAGR to 2018: +8.7%.
* 2014 soft drinks value (local currency) sales growth: +10.5%; CAGR to 2018: +7.5%.
* 2014 MGR sales (local currency) growth: +13.3%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) 2014 to 2018: +9.9%.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/782639_vietnam_food_drink_report_q2_2014.asp ..
Key Industry Trends
McDonald's Opens First Ho Chi Minh Restaurant In February: US fast-food restaurant McDonald's, with its partner Vietnam-based company Good Day Hospitality, has forayed into the Vietnamese food market in a bid to compete with its rivals, such as KFC and Burger King Worldwide. The company launched its first outlet in the Vietnamese city of Ho Chi Minh on February 8 2014.
Sabeco Begins Construction On New Brewery: Vietnam-based brewer Saigon Beer Alcohol And Beverage Corporation (Sabeco) has started construction on a new brewery in Vietnam's Ninh Thuan region. The US $21mn facility will have an estimated annual capacity of 50mn litres of beer. The brewery will cover an area of 20 hectares and is expected to address the rising demand for Sabeco products in the south-central region. The brewery is scheduled to become operational in the next 12 months.
Vinamilk Opens US$110mn Milk Plant And Invests In Cambodia: Vietnam-based dairy group Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Company (Vinamilk) has opened a new dairy plant in Vietnam's Binh Duong province, investing US$110mn. The plant will cover an area of 20 hectares and have an annual capacity of 400mn litres of milk in the first stage. The plant will help the company to achieve its goals of raising its annual revenue to US$3bn by 2017 and becoming one of the 50 largest dairy companies in the world, according to Vinamilk's CEO, Mai Kieu Lien.
The company has also gained an overseas investment certificate from the Vietnamese government to build a milk factory in the Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh with an investment of US$23mn. The company will own a 51% stake in the unit, while Cambodia-based Angkor Dairy Products will hold the remaining 49% share.
Key Risks To Outlook
While we expect private consumption to grow at a relatively resilient pace of 5.0% in 2014, we note that the risk of further bankruptcies among SMEs could potentially lead to widespread job losses, especially in export-driven sectors. Uncertainties over the outlook for employment could, in turn, prompt households to cut back on spending.
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.