2013-09-16 10:46:14 - Hotel Accommodation, Selection Criteria and Customer Expectations of New Technology, Promotions and Services
"North American Business Traveler Survey 2013: " is the result of an extensive multi-industry survey drawn from Timetric's exclusive panel of North American business travelers. It contains in-depth analysis of trends in hotel accommodation, and forecasts how expenditure patterns are set to change in 2013-2014. The report also benchmarks the types of hotels that business travelers choose, and identifies preferred modes and channels of hotel selection. This report also examines new technology, green initiatives and socially responsible measures that appeal to business travelers, and also analyzes the key drivers and popular promotional offers which influence business travelers to choose a particular hotel.
* Overall, 48% of survey respondents expect to visit 'midscale' hotels in 2013-2014.
* In total, 47%
of respondents selected 'regular brand' as the preferred method of hotel selection, while 45% selected 'company recommendation' and 38% selected 'online search'.
* For a hotel to be considered green, respondents consider 'low-energy light bulbs', 'reduced use of plastic materials' and 'timer lighting systems' to be the main sustainability facilities that hotels should adopt.
* Survey results show that 'view and manage room reservations' and 'wireless email' are important mobile technology features for North American business travelers.
* Survey results indicate that 'room upgrades', 'early check-in and late check-out facility' and 'loyalty-based bargains' are the most attractive promotional offers for North American business travelers.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/685618_north_american_business_traveler_surv ..
The report features the opinions of hotel industry consumer respondents related to the following:
* Average stay at business hotels
* Change in expenditure on hotel accommodation
* Popular hotel types and preferred modes of hotel selection
* Importance of green certifications and key sustainable facilities
* Critical social responsibility initiatives
* Major technology features and key drivers influencing online reservations
* Importance of mobile technology services
* Key drivers of frequent visits and popularity of promotional offers
* Strategic initiatives for repeat business
Reasons to Get this Report
* Effectively examine North American business traveler perceptions on the average length of stay in a hotel and changes in hotel accommodation expenditure
* Identify popular hotel types, preferred modes of hotel selection and key channels for research to channel marketing resources for improved return on investment
* Explore North American business traveler affinity towards green certifications and sustainability initiatives, and successfully implement them into hotel operations
* Understand customer perceptions of new technology, drivers influencing online reservations and the growing importance of mobile technologies to enhance customer retention and direct sales
* Identify key features of business hotels which influence frequent visits and formulate marketing strategies to win business
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Interstate Hotels & Resorts, LaSalle Hotel Properties, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, Hilton Worldwide, Radisson, Marriott International, TripAdvisor, Expedia, Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Accor, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2 Hotel Visits and Expenditure
2.1 Average Length of Stay at Business Hotels
2.1.1 Average length of stay at business hotels - analysis by travel frequency
2.1.2 Average length of stay at business hotels - analysis by age
2.1.3 Average length of stay at business hotels - analysis by company turnover
2.2 Expenditure on Hotel Accommodation
2.2.1 Expenditure on hotel accommodation - analysis by travel frequency
2.2.2 Expenditure on hotel accommodation - analysis by age
2.2.3 Expenditure on hotel accommodation - analysis by company turnover
2.3 Change in Expenditure on Hotel Accommodation
2.3.1 Change in expenditure on hotel accommodation - analysis by travel frequency
2.3.2 Change in expenditure on hotel accommodation - analysis by age
2.3.3 Change in expenditure on hotel accommodation - analysis by company turnover
3 Trends in Business Travel
3.1 Expected Hotel Types
3.1.1 Expected hotel types - analysis by travel frequency
3.1.2 Expected hotel types - analysis by gender
3.1.3 Expected hotel types - analysis by age
3.1.4 Expected hotel types - analysis by company turnover
3.2 Finest Hotel Destinations
3.2.1 Finest hotel destinations - analysis by travel frequency
3.2.2 Finest hotel destinations - analysis by age
3.2.3 Finest hotel destinations - analysis by company turnover
3.3 Preferred Methods of Hotel Selection
3.3.1 Preferred methods of hotel selection - analysis by travel frequency
3.3.2 Preferred methods of hotel selection - analysis by age
3.3.3 Preferred methods of hotel selection - analysis by company turnover
3.4 Key Channels of Research for Hotel Information
3.4.1 Key channels of research for hotel information - analysis by travel frequency
3.4.2 Key channels of research for hotel information - analysis by company turnover
4 Expectations of Green Initiatives from Hotels
4.1 Importance of Green Certifications
4.1.1 Importance of green-certified hotels - analysis by travel frequency
4.1.2 Importance of green-certified hotels - analysis by age
4.1.3 Importance of green-certified hotel - analysis by company turnover
4.2 Customer Expectations of Key Sustainable Facilities
4.2.1 Customer expectations of sustainable facilities - analysis by travel frequency
4.2.2 Customer expectations of sustainable facilities - analysis by age
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.