2012-09-02 16:36:46 - New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
The latest Azerbaijan Petrochemicals Report reflects our expectations for long-term growth in capacities, but cautions that plans remain vague and there is no firm confirmation on proposed projects and potential partners.
The report examines the country's strengths and weaknesses and assesses potential growth areas over the medium term. It also looks at government policy, which is focusing intensively on developing the non-oil sector.
Over the medium term, the expansion of the petrochemicals sector will focus on Azerbaijani methanol producer Azerbaijan Methanol Company (AzMeCo), which is planning to export about 90% of its output when it completes its US$360mn plant in Q113. The plant will have a capacity of 560,000 tonnes per annum (tpa), raising methanol production in Azerbaijan to 720,000tpa. The remainder,
planned for domestic use, will be used by manufacturing firms to bolster the domestic non-oil industry. This includes the production of acetic acid (165,000tpa), formaldehyde (18,000tpa) and melamine (15,000tpa). A fertiliser project is planned at AzMeCo's Karadagh, with capacities of 255,000tpa ammonia and 500,000tpa urea. The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (Socar) is also planning two fertiliser plants with 700,000tpa of urea capacity each, one in Azerbaijan and one in Georgia, with construction due to begin in mid-2013 and completed by end-2016. The objective is for Azerbaijan to raise its fertiliser exports to 1mn tpa.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451207_azerbaijan_petrochemicals_report_q4_2 ..
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* Socar announced in April 2012 that it planned to start construction of a new oil refinery, a gas liquefaction plant and a chemical plant in Q113. The US$14bn project, which is expected to be completed by 2020, shares many similarities with a previously announced project at Sangachal, although with smaller capacities. This could suggest that the original project has been scaled back.
* The government of Azerbaijan plans to increase polyethylene production from 72,200 tonnes in 2011 to 120,600 tonnes in 2015. The country is also set to start production of polypropylene in 2014, with 58,300 tonnes produced in the first year of operations and 61,800 tonnes in 2015. BMI believes these targets are likely to be met.
* Azerbaijan is in 10th and last place in BMI's proprietary Central and Eastern Europe Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings, with a score of 34.7, up 2.0 points since the previous quarter owing to an improvement in its country risk score. Azerbaijan is 4.6 points behind Bulgaria. Azerbaijan's score could rise if plans for a new integrated petrochemicals complex come to fruition, but this is unlikely to come on stream before 2018, at the earliest.
Report Table of Contents:
- Azerbaijan Petrochemicals Industry SWOT
Global Petrochemicals Overview
- Petrochemicals Market Overview
- Table: World Ethylene Production By Country, 2011 And 2016 ('000 tonnes capacity)
- Financial Results
- Table: Financial Results - Major Petrochemicals Companies, 2011
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI Oil Price Forecasts, 2011-2016
Europe Market Overview
Azerbaijan Market Overview
- Table: Cracker Capacity Data & Forecasts, 2008-2016 ('000 tpa)
- Table: Manufacture Of Petrochemicals Products, 2000-2010 ('000 tonnes)
Industry Trends And Developments
- Upstream Activities
- Petkim Privatisation
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Petrochemicals Sector, 2008-2016 ('000tpa, unless otherwise stated)
Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Azerbaijan Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Petrochemicals Business Environment Ratings
- Another Year Of Lacklustre Growth Possible
- Table: Azerbaijan - Economic Activity
- State Oil Company Of Azerbaijan (Socar)
Country Snapshot: Azerbaijan Demographic Data
- Section 1: Population
- Table: Demographic Indicators, 2005-2030
- Table: Rural/Urban Breakdown, 2005-2030
- Section 2: Education And Healthcare
- Table: Education
- Table: Vital Statistics
- Section 3: Labour Market And Spending Power
- Table: Employment Indicators
- Table: Consumer Expenditure, 1999-2004 (US$)
- Table: Average Annual Wages, 2000-2012
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Business Environment Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.