2013-03-18 03:03:45 - New Fixed Networks research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI View: Brazil's high mobile penetration rate shows little sign of causing a slowdown in subscriber acquisitions. With MVNOs set to enter the market in 2013 and operators pushing into rural areas, there are pressures on the performances of the operators. BMI notes that the downward forces on ARPU and revenues are increasingly strong as new subscribers will be from lower income strata. Mobile broadband has potential but Brazil's fixed broadband providers have proved resilient and continue to add strong numbers of new subscribers each quarter. Claro's launch of 4G LTE in December 2012 made it the first of the major operators but will help the mobile broadband market to grow, particularly when the rest of the competition joins in.
Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/552262_brazil_telecommunications_report_q2_2 ..
* M2M connections reached 6.7mn in Q412, highlighting the growth in operator revenues from alternative sources. This is just a fraction of the consumer market, which reached 260.9mn connections in December 2012.
* 3G subscriptions accounted for just under a fifth of the market's total in Q412, with the rate of growth slowing notably in 2012.
* Pay-TV subscriptions continue to expand as America Movil merged its Embratel and Net Servicos operations with mobile unit Claro.
Key Trends And Developments
* Alternative services to traditional voice and data are increasingly on operators' radars. Claro and Bradesco announced a joint venture to promote a prepaid debit card that is controlled on mobile handsets. BMI sees great potential for mobile banking services in Brazil as there is a large proportion of the population that has not access to traditional banking services.
* Anatel revokes Unicel's licence and rejects the sale to NII Holdings, on the basis of a local ruling that does not allow operators to hold two licences for the same municipality.
* The potential acquisition of GVT by a larger firm moves forward, with four separate bids issued for the operator.
* Claro launched LTE in December 2012 and other operators are gearing up for their initial LTE launches. Vivo and Oi announced plans to begin offering services in the country's largest and wealthiest cities, with Vivo scheduled for an April 2013 release. Operators are keen to have coverage in cities that will be hosting major sporting events in 2014 and 2016 as well as capture the growing interest in high speed mobile broadband.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- BMI View
- Business Environment
Risk Reward Ratings
- Latin America Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Q213 Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - ARPU - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Fixed Line
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Regional Perspective
- Key Developments
- Market Growth
- Market Share
- Table: Brazil Mobile Market, Q412
- Table: Segment Market Shares, Q412
- Table: Mobile Penetration By State/Region 2012
- Table: Prepaid Share Of Market By Region 2012
- Table: Brazil 3G Subscriptions By Technology ('000)
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Brazil Mobile Market Overview
- Table: Vivo
- Table: TIM Brasil
- Table: Claro
- Table: Oi
- Latin America Regional Mobile Content 2013
- Fixed Line
- Table: Brazil Fixed-Line Markets, Q112 ('000) (latest data available from Anatel)
- Table: Pay-TV Market Subscriptions ('000), 2011-2012
- Table: Brazilian Fixed Broadband Market, Q312 (latest data available)
- Plano Nacional De Banda Larga
- Broadband Technologies
- Table: No. Of Fixed Broadband Connections By Technology ('000), 2006-2011 (latest data available)
- Alternative Technologies
- Table: Selected Wireline Developments
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Brazil's Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Regulatory Developments
- Table: Selected Regulatory Developments
- Table: Key Players Fixed-line Sector
- Table: Key Players Mobile Sector
- Table: Key Players Media Sector
- Table: Brazil's Key Operators Financial Indicators (US$mn)
- Oi (Telemar)
- Vivo (Telefonica)
- TIM Brasil
- Claro (America Movil)
- Pace Potential In Emerging Markets
- Table: Pace Recent Financial Results (US$mn)
- Recovery And Lofty Ambitions
- Latin America
- Table: Pace: Latin America STB Mix (By Volume)
- Table: Brazil's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Brazil's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Brazil's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Brazil's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.