2013-01-07 06:03:30 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q1 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI View: BMI forecasts demand will pick up after 2014, but economic uncertainty and rising unemployment will likely mean that during BMI's five-year forecast period, growth will remain below the immediate pre-2008 trend level. The Czech Republic's IT market is forecast at US$5.2bn in 2013, up by around 6%, with growth in IT spending stimulated by greater investment in international process integration and networking, as well as the employment of broadband for business and consumer use. Government ICT initiatives, often backed by EU subsidies, will continue to generate opportunities, with new tenders in 2012 from government bodies such as the Ministry of Defence.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$2.1bn in 2012 to US$2.2bn in 2013, +5% in US dollar terms. Forecast
in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification as the Windows 8 operating system has the potential to trigger a new cycle of PC upgrades.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/523885_czech_republic_information_technology ..
Software sales: US$1.1bn in 2012 to US$1.2bn in 2013, +5% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification, even as political and economic uncertainty, weigh on investments.
IT Services sales: US$1.7bn in 2012 to US$1.8bn in 2013, +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to analyst modification, but the search for cost savings will be a driver behind some managed services contracts.
Risk/Reward Ratings: The Czech Republic's score was 51.8 out of 100.0. The Czech Republic has dropped one place to eighth in our latest Europe RRR table, behind the UK, Germany, France and Poland, but ahead of Hungary and Turkey.
Key Trends & Developments
?? In 2013, BMI expects to see modest growth in enterprise and consumer IT spending as an uncertain economic and political climate will continue to restrain growth. Unemployment is likely to remain relatively high and this will act as a drag on real wages growth and consumer demand. ?? Many larger organisations in the manufacturing and utilities sector, in particular, have already completed ERP implementations. However, BMI expects growth to pick up again as the focus of software market growth shifts from basic ERP implementations for large accounts and central government to new markets and product areas. ?? The administration's fiscal austerity programme will continue in 2013, but we expect it to be eased in 2014, and this could provide a boost to IT investments. 2012 brought new information technology tenders from central and local government bodies such as the Social Security Administration and the Ministry of Defence.
Report Table of Contents:
- Market Overview
- Czech Republic IT Sector SWOT
- Czech Republic Telecoms Sector SWOT
- Czech Republic Political SWOT
- Czech Republic Economic SWOT
- Czech Republic Business Environment SWOT
Europe IT Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
Europe IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- Industry Developments
- Table: Top Four Czech Electronics Retailers, Revenue 2008-2009 (CZKbn)
- Table: Czech Electronic Retailers: 2008 Revenue
- Table: Czech Republic IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts , 2010-2017
- Country Context
- Table: Consumer Expenditure Per Capita (US$), 2000-2012
- Table: Rural/Urban Breakdown, 2005-2030
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2016
- IT Services
- Internet Competitive Landscape
- Table: Czech Republic Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Microsoft Corporation
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.