2013-10-30 13:24:07 - New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Germany Defence & Security Report Q4 2013"
The report examines a number of aspects of Germany's defence policy, including the continuingly vexing question facing the country concerning the transformation of its defence posture from its NATO European defence tasks into a force which can intervene in crises abroad. Berlin is keen to move Germany's armed forces in this direction, but faces perennial domestic opposition from some portions of its population regarding the deployment of forces abroad.
In addition, the report examines several of Germany's major defence procurement programmes. The German government is investing considerably across the land and air domains in particular. Capabilities in these two sectors are seen as essential to enable Germany to project power beyond its borders, though the notion remains deeply controversial. The legacy
of the Second World War makes a significant element of the German polity highly distrustful of the procurement of any capabilities that enable Germany to intervene in conflicts beyond its borders. Nevertheless, since the end of the Cold War, Berlin has played an active role in military operations abroad, most notably in Afghanistan.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/698073_germany_defence_security_report_q4_20 ..
Over the past quarter, BMI has added the following discussions to the report:
* Updated information regarding Germany's defence budget for 2013, and its expected defence spending trends up to 2016.
* News regarding defence procurements performed by Germany in Q313 including the acquisition of new helicopters and new helicopter subsystems.
* Updated information regarding the performance of several of Germany's leading defence contractors, including recent orders secured.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Germany Defence SWOT
- Germany Security SWOT
- Business Environment
- Defence Expenditure
- Table: Germany Defence Expenditure 2010 - 2017
- Table: Defence Expenditure Scenario - Changing % Of GDP, 2010-2017 (USDmn)
- Armed Forces
- Table: Armed Forces ('000 personnel, unless otherwise stated)
- Table: Manpower Available For Military Service, 2010-2017 (aged 16-49 unless otherwise stated)
- Defence Trade
- Table: Defence Trade Balance (USDmn)
- Table: Defence Imports (USDmn)
- Table: Defence Exports (USDmn)
- Economic Analysis
- Table: Germany - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Europe Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Regional Security Ratings (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Table: Europe State Vulnerability To Terrorism Index (scores out of 100, with 100 the best)
- Germany Security Risk Ratings
- Germany Defence Market Overview
- Armed Forces and Government Spending
- Government Spending
- Industry Trends and Developments
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Arms Trade Overview
- Germany Security Overview
- Domestic Threats
- Regional Threats
- International Threats
- Krauss-Maffei Wegmann
- Rheinmetall Group
- Europe Security Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Political Outlook
- Defence Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.