2013-02-26 01:36:07 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Hong Kong Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI projects that Hong Kong consumer electronics spending grew by about 5% in US dollar terms in 2012 to US$4.4bn, but a moderation in consumer demand is expected. Vendors anticipate bright spots such as tablets and ultrabooks, but a wealth effect from any cooling in property prices and an equity market that appears to have peaked could have an impact on consumer spending.
BMI expects consumer electronics to outperform general retail sales, and the release of Windows 8 will provide a boost to the PC market. However, demand has been muted by slowing inbound tourism as well as poor domestic consumer sentiment. Product innovation will continue to drive growth in the AV segment, while demand will continue to be spurred
by the influx of mainland tourists.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541203_hong_kong_consumer_electronics_report ..
Computer hardware sales: US$2.5bn in 2012 to US$2.6bn in 2013, upwardly revised due to growth areas will include demand for tablets and ultrabooks.
AV sales: US$1.4bn in 2012 to US$1.5bn in 2013, with TV sets expected to provide the most dynamic development.
Handset sales: US$554mn in 2012 to US$600mn in 2013, with smartphones the main revenue growth driver.
Key Trends & Developments
* Hong Kong retailers are optimistic that product releases such as lower-priced ultrabooks and the 'new iPad' will keep sales of mobile computers at a high level in 2013. Tablets, originally seen as primarily a consumer device, are forecast to experience increasing take-up in the business segment. Meanwhile, we are also looking to ultrabooks as a new growth area.
* A combination of new technologies such as 3D and internet-enabled TV, and more competitive pricing, should help to support AV demand. To maintain or increase sales volumes, vendors will focus on product innovation, with drivers including improved display quality and wider screens, as well as design and features such as wireless technology.
* Sales of smartphones are expected to grow three to four times faster than the overall handset market over BMI's five-year forecast period, with smartphones accounting for at least 50% of Hong Kong's market revenue for leading vendors, above global and regional averages. As operators roll out discounted data
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Hong Kong Electronics Industry SWOT
- Business Environment
- Table: Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2010-2016
- Government Authority
- Table: Government Authority
- Economic Analysis
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific CE Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
- Table: Table: Electronics Industry Overview, 2010-2017f
- Table: Table: AV & Electrical Appliances, Production And Export, 2010-2017f
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Table: Communications, Production And Export
- Computer Hardware
- JS Microelectronics
- Hong Kong Demographic Data
- Table: Hong Kong's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Hong Kong's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Hong Kong's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Hong Kong's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Electronics Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.