2012-10-26 14:14:15 - Fast Market Research recommends "Iran Telecommunications Report Q4 2012" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: Iran's mobile penetration has exceeded 100%. Although the fixed-line and internet sectors continue to record positive growth, they remain restricted by tight government regulation, censorship and underinvestment in network infrastructure. All three sectors present significant growth opportunities but we expect the mobile sector to continue to outperform because of superior network investments and competition between the operators.
* Quarterly mobile growth averaged 3.7% in the 12 months to June 2012.
* We have revised our internet and broadband data for Iran to reflect new data from the ITU, as well as the impact of the launch of the first phase of the National Data Network (NDN), expected in September 2012.
* Iran's mobile ARPU is unchanged this
quarter despite growing market saturation that has the potential to increase downward pressure on mobile tariffs.
* The fixed-line sector grew by 3.4% y-o-y during 2011, according to latest data from the ITU, bucking the trend of declining fixed-line subscriptions observed in many other markets.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/464508_iran_telecommunications_report_q4_201 ..
Iran is in 14th position on our telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings table, ahead of only Libya. Iran has one of the highest populations in the region, which bodes well for the telecoms market. However, it is restricted by a weak ARPU, a low Industry Risks rating, and an equally weak Country Risk score due to the uncertainly of government policies and long-term political stability. The high degree of state control and regulation in all sectors of the telecoms market, weak macroeconomic environment and reduced consumer spending power following cuts to subsidies on utilities and fuel, spiralling inflation and the more stringent sanctions imposed by the international community in late 2011 all drag on the country's score.
Key Trends And Developments
Iran's internet market is expected to benefit from the government-backed NDN. The first phase of the project is expected to be launched in September 2012, according to Minister of Information and Communications Technology Reza Taqipour. The second phase is expected to be ready for service by March 2013. Although the network will still be censored by the government, its quality and coverage is expected to attract a considerable number of internet users.
Report Table of Contents:
- Iran Mobile SWOT
- Iran Wireline SWOT
- Iran Political SWOT
- Iran Economic SWOT
- Iran Business Environment SWOT
- Table: Middle East And North Africa Risk/Reward Ratings Table, Q412
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - ARPU - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Fixed Line
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009 - 2016
Market Overview - Mobile
- Regional Perspective
- Iran Mobile Market Regional Comparison, 2011
- Key Developments
Market Data Analysis
- Table: Iran - Mobile Market June 2012
- Market Share
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Banking
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Iran Mobile Market Overview
- Table: MTN Irancell
- Table: Hamrahe Aval (Mobile Communications Company of Iran)
- Table: Taliya (Rafsanjan Industrial Complex)
- Mobile Content
- Regional Outlook
- Fixed Line
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Value-Added Services Timeline
- Table: Selected VAS Services
- Mobile Contract Wins
- Table: Mobile Contract Wins
Regulatory Environment & Industry Developments
- Table: Iran's Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Legislation And Market Liberalisation
- Privatisation Of TCI
- Regulatory Developments
- Licensing And Spectrum
- Key Players
- Table - Key Players: Iranian Telecoms Market
- Telecommunications Company Of Iran (TCI)
- MTN Irancell
- Table: Iran's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Iran's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Iran's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Iran's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.