2014-01-03 13:40:42 - New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Moldova Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014"
Moldova's economy has gone from strength to strength in 2013 following a terrible 2012 and this return to growth bodes well for the pharmaceuticals and healthcare market. Politicians have their eyes firmly set on Europe, with the biannual Eastern Partnership meeting in late November 2013 likely to see Moldova sign a draft trade agreement that will bring it one step closer to the EU. In the domestic market, much of the sector's development is facilitated by international cooperation agreements, such as with Estonia and the WHO. Other challenges include the growing burden of non-communicable diseases and the loss of healthcare personnel to other countries.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: MDL2.59bn (US$214mn) in 2012 to MDL2.73bn (US$214mn) in 2013; +5.6% in local
currency terms and +0.2% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q413.
* Healthcare: MDL9.62bn (US$795mn) in 2012 to MDL10.43bn (US$818mn) in 2013; +8.5% in local currency terms and +3.0% in US dollar terms. Forecast increased slightly from Q413 because of improved economic conditions.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754747_moldova_pharmaceuticals_healthcare_re ..
Risk/Reward Rating: Moldova sits in penultimate place in our Q114 Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings for Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). Ranking 19th out of a total of 20 markets, Moldova performs poorly in terms of both Risks and Rewards, posting a score of 39.5.
Key Trends And Developments
* Estonia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs considers Moldova to be a Priority Partner Country to its development cooperation strategy. Estonia will have collaborated with Moldova on three health-related projects in 2013: the launch of a phone-based health service; supporting the development of the health insurance system; and conducting a feasibility study regarding the implementation of an e-service for general practioners. * In October 2013, supported by the WHO and the EU, Moldova launched a campaign to encourage national healthcare professionals to stay in the country. * In an attempt to raise awareness of breast cancer, one shopping centre in Moldova's capital city offered free mammograms during the same month.
BMI Economic View: Moldova's economy is making a strong recovery from the recession that affected the country in late 2012. Data for the first half of 2013 show domestic demand is climbing and the agricultural sector is recovering. As such, we have raised our real GDP growth forecast for 2013 to 4.8%.
BMI Political View: Moldova's eyes are turned towards Europe, with the Summit of the Eastern Partnership scheduled for the end of November 2013. The summit should see a draft drawn up associating eastern countries - Moldova included - with the EU. Such a deal will be crucial to facilitating trade between the EU and Moldova and will bring the country one step closer to European integration.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Pharmaceutical Market Forecast
- Table: Moldova Pharmaceutical Sales, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Healthcare Market Forecast
- Table: General Government Budget, 2008-2016
- Table: Moldova Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Table: Moldova Government Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Table: Moldova Private Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Prescription Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Moldova Prescription Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Patented Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Moldova Patented Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Generic Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Moldova Generic Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: Moldova Over-The-Counter (OTC) Medicine Market Indicators, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Pharmaceutical Trade
- Table: Moldova Pharmaceutical Trade Data & Forecasts (US$mn)
- Other Healthcare Data
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
- Economic Analysis
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Moldova Risk/Reward Ratings
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: 10 Most Frequent Causes of Death*, 2012
- Table: Leading Causes Of Morbidity, % Of Total Disease Burden
- Healthcare Sector
- Healthcare Financing
- Table: Public Healthcare Expenditure, 2007-2011
- Primary Care
- Secondary Care
- Table: Physicians And Hospital Beds In Moldova, 2006-2011
- Health Insurance
- Health Insurance Developments
- Research & Development
- Regulatory Developments
- Intellectual Property Issues
- Marketing Authorisation
- Counterfeit Pharmaceuticals
- Pricing Regime
- Reimbursement Regime
- International Trade Agreements
- Domestic Industry
- Foreign Industry
- Recent Pharmaceutical Industry Developments
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.