2013-12-05 17:50:15 - New Transportation market report from Business Monitor International: "Nigeria Shipping Report Q1 2014"
The short- and medium-term picture for the Nigerian shipping sector appears rosy, with the country's five main ports all projected to have performed well in 2013. Leading the way in terms of year-on-year tonnage throughput is the Port of Tincan Island (10.79%), with Port Harcourt in second place (9.58%) and the Port of Koko in third place (8.33%). This healthy growth is set to continue over our forecast period to 2018 without exception, although we do not expect the huge double-digit growth seen at the Port of Tincan Island between 2007 and 2011.
The Nigerian economy still faces major headwinds in the crucial oil and gas sector, but other sectors, notably agriculture, have started to pick up again, providing some optimism
for the Nigerian shipping sector over the mid-term.
Full Report Details at
Oil and gas products, which account for over 95% of Nigeria's export basket, are expected to keep the country's current account position strong for the foreseeable future, despite elevated demand for imports.
We are estimating a surplus of 7.6% of GDP in 2013, a slight improvement on the 2012 figure of 7.0%.
Headline Industry Data
* 2014 Port of Lagos tonnage throughput is forecast to increase by 6.70%.
* 2014 Port Harcourt tonnage throughput is forecast to increase by 9.80%.
* 2014 Port of Tincan Island throughput is forecast to increase by 9.74%.
* 2014 trade growth forecast at 7.75%.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Port Of Lagos (Apapa) Throughput
- Table: Major Port Data, 2011-2018
- Table: Trade Overview, 2011-2018
- Table: Key Trade Indicators, 2011-2018
- Table: Top Import Destinations, 2004-2011, US$mn
- Table: Top Export Destinations, 2004-2011, US$mn
- Nigeria Container Shipping Market Overview
Industry Trends And Developments
Shipping - Global Industry View
- Box Demand: Container Outlook Strengthening In 2014
- Supply: Slowing New Vessel Deliveries To Decrease Overcapacity Pressure
- Table: Q313 Container Vessel Deliveries
- Table: 2013 Mega Vessel Orders
- Box Rates: Rate Push In Preparation For 2014
- Table: 2012 & 2013 SCFI Europe Base Port Average Freight Rate Overview
- Table: 2012 & 2013 SCFI USWC Base Port Average Freight Rate Overview
Global Company Strategy
- Maersk Line
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
- CMA CGM
- Evergreen Line
- COSCO Container Lines Company
- Economic Analysis
- Table: Nigeria - Economic Activity
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Nigeria's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Nigeria's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Nigeria's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Nigeria's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.