2014-07-27 08:09:06 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Nigeria Telecommunications Report Q3 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
As future subscriptions growth in the mobile market would depend on continued price competition and potentially expensive network expansion projects in underserved areas, network operators must expand their value-added service ( VAS ) portfolio s in order to to boost ARPU rates by getting existing customers to spend more on non-voice services. Beyond boosting ARPUs, VAS offerings also have the potential to reduce operator s ' churn rate, which have come under intense upward pressure inactive SIM discounting and the implementation of mobile number portability (MNP).
* Mobile subscription growth declined 0.1% quarter-on-quarter (q-o-q) in Q114, bringing total growth in the 12 months to March 2014 to 8.8%.
* Mobile ARPU declined by 11.9% in Q114.
The fixed-line sector grew by 0.5% in Q114 and 0.1% in the 12 months to March 2014. The NCC heavily revised fixed-line subscriptions data in Q114 following the discounting of inactive lines.
* The number of mobile data users grew by more than 85% in the 12 months to March 2014.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/852067_nigeria_telecommunications_report_q3_ ..
Nigeria regained top position this quarter on BMI's Q3 2014 Risk/Reward Ratings (RRR) for Sub-Saharan Africa. Nigeria's aggregate score is boosted by comparatively high Industry Rewards, Industry Risk and Country Risk scores, reflecting high voice and data services growth potential, regulatory independence and strong private consumption growth outlook. However, Nigeria's Country Rewards score is held back by a low GDP per capita and high unemployment rate.
Key Trends And Developments
Etisalat has stepped up its challenge for Nigeria's largely untapped mobile commerce (m-commerce) market with the launch of a new smartphone app to complement its existing m-commerce platform. The main competitive advantages for Etisalat's m-commerce service are the usability and partnership network. The service features an intuitive user interface while the operator's partnership network includes leading...
The Nigeria Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Nigeria's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Nigeria Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Nigeria.
* Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Nigeria to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Nigerian telecoms market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in Nigeria's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Nigeria.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
* Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
* Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
* Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
Market Data Analysis
Detailed market analysis of the mobile, mobile content, fixed line and internet segments, broken down into:
* Market Data - Analysis of market size, operator shares, dominant trends, competitive landscape and key quarterly data.
* Technology/Service Rollout - Analysis of rollout/adoption of new technology, such as 3G, WiMAX, IPTV, pay-TV, LTE and value-added handset services (gaming, music, video, apps etc.).
* Mobile Content - The latest trends in content and services available and being introduced by mobile operators. Including a timeline of all the latest major mobile content developments.
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.