Now Available: Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Norway, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
New Insurance research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-10 17:58:25
The Norwegian personal accident and health insurance segment recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.0% during the review period (2008-2012), the fastest growth of all the segments in the Norwegian insurance industry. The growth was a result of strong growth in the health insurance category, which recorded a healthy CAGR of 19.4%. The growth was also supported by improved economic development and rising healthcare expenditure, factors that are also expected to support the segment over the forecast period (2012-2017). The written premium of the personal accident and health segment is expected to increase at a projected CAGR of 8.1%.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/778300_personal_accident_and_health_insuranc ..
* The Norwegian personal accident and health insurance segment recorded a CAGR of 9.0% during the review period, the fastest growth of all the segments in the Norwegian insurance industry
* Favorable demographic factors, such as increased life expectancy and a growing population aged 65 and above, are likely to accelerate demand for health insurance
* Norway is the second-highest spender when it comes to health expenditure per capita, spending US$5,700 a year per person
* Sales through agencies accounted for 36.6% of the total personal accident and health written premium
* The segment is highly concentrated, with the 10 leading companies collectively accounting for 92.2% of the segment's written premiums in 2012
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment in Norway:
* It provides historical values for the Norwegian personal accident and health insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in Norwegian personal accident and health insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
* It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Norway.
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Norway for the personal accident and health insurance segment.
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Norway and its growth prospects.
* It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Norway and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Norwegian personal accident and health insurance segment and each category within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Norwegian personal accident and health insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Norwegian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Gjensidige, If Skadeforsikring, Sparebank, Storebrand, Tryg, Codan, DNB, Nordea, AIG Europe, Ace European Group
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Nordic Region Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Market trends
3.1.2 Market size
4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment - Regional Benchmarking
4.2 Scale and penetration
4.2.1 Total gross written premium
4.2.2 Premium per capita
4.2.3 Personal accident and health insurance penetration (% of GDP)
4.3.1 Gross written premium
4.3.2 Gross written premium per capita
4.4 Efficiency and risk
4.4.1 Loss ratio
4.4.2 Combined ratio
4.4.3 Incurred losses per capita
4.4.4 Incurred losses as a percentage of GDP
4.5 Distribution channels
4.5.1 Direct marketing
4.5.5 Online channels
5 Norwegian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2008-2017
5.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
5.2.1 Business drivers
6 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Outlook
6.1 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
6.1.1 Personal accident insurance
6.1.2 Travel insurance
6.1.3 Health insurance
7 Analysis by Distribution Channels
7.1 Direct Marketing
7.6 Other Channels
8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Norwegian Personal Accident and Health Insurance
8.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers: Low to Medium
8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers: Medium
8.3 Barriers to Entry: Low to Medium
8.4 Intensity of Rivalry: Low
8.5 Threat of Substitutes: Medium
9 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
9.1 Reinsurance Segment Size by Type of Insurance, 2008-2017
10 Governance, Risk and Compliance
10.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
10.2 Legislation Trends by Type of Insurance
10.2.1 Life insurance regulatory trends
10.2.2 Property insurance regulatory trends
10.2.3 Motor insurance regulatory trends
10.2.4 Marine, aviation and transit insurance regulatory trends
10.2.5 Personal accident insurance regulatory trends
10.3 Compulsory Insurance
10.3.1 Workers' compensation insurance
10.3.2 Motor third party liability insurance
10.3.3 Natural disaster insurance for property cover
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.