2013-08-27 09:40:39 - New Materials market report from Business Monitor International: "Poland Metals Report Q4 2013"
Although we are optimistic about Poland's economic growth prospects, expecting an expansion of 1.5% in 2013 (recently revised downwards from 1.9%) and expect steady headline GDP expansion thereafter, we are more cautious regarding metal consumption and production prospects. Key metal consuming segments such as autos and particularly construction will underperform.
Looking at the longer term, we expect growth in Poland as an autos export hub to remain steady, though construction activity will be underwhelming. Production of steel, copper and lead will grow, but at a slower rate than demand. Investment into production facilities will be restrained by several factors including stagnant domestic mine production, higher taxes and low metal prices.
Full Report Details at
The Polish metals industry is fairly
concentrated with international operators ArcelorMittal and KGHM dominating steel and copper production, respectively. KGHM is a domestic company with global ambitions, having embarked on a strategy of growth through international acquisitions. The company is also reported to be involved in the construction of two coal-fired units with state-controlled PGE in the southern city of Opole. Such expansion will be challenged by our expectation for copper prices to trend lower in the years ahead.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Metals SWOT
- Steel: Waiting On An Autos Sector Recovery
- Table: Poland - Steel Historic Data & Forecasts ('000 tonnes, unless stated otherwise)
- Table: Poland - Steel Historical Data ('000 tonnes, unless stated otherwise)
- Copper: Surplus To Stagnate
- Table: Poland - Refined Copper Production, Consumption & Balance ('000 tonnes, unless stated otherwise)
- Lead: Slow Recovery Ahead
- Table: Poland - Refined Lead Production, Consumption & Balance ('000 tonnes, unless stated otherwise)
- Monthly Metals Update
- Aluminium: No Turnaround Yet
- Copper: Declines Back On Track
- Nickel: More Room To Fall
- Zinc: Weakness To Persist In H213
- Table: Select Commodities - Performance & BMI Forecasts
- Table: BMI Commodities Strategy
- Steel Price Forecast
- Table: BMI Steel Forecast
- Table: Steel Forecast
- Table: Europe - Largest Listed Metal Producers
- Table: KGHM - Key Financial Data
- ArcelorMittal - Q4 2013
- Company Strategy
- Company Details
- Financial Data
- Table: ArcelorMittal - Key Financial Data
- Cross Checks
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.