2013-08-30 09:01:45 - Fast Market Research recommends "Romania Retail Report Q3 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
The Romanian Retail Report examines the long-term potential of the local consumer market, but flags up short-term concerns about the impact on Romania's economic outlook of the volatile domestic political environment.
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Romanian retail market while minimising investment risk. It also explores the impact of renewed uncertainty over the future of the eurozone on the Romanian consumer and on the ability of producers and exporters to realise returns in the short term.
We analyse the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the Romanian retail sector as they seek to maximise the growth opportunities offered by the local market.
Romanian per capita consumer spending is forecast to increase by
23% to 2017, compared with a regional growth average of 37%. The country comes ninth out of 10 in BMI's Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) Retail Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs), with a rating of 34.
Full Report Details at
Among all retail categories, mass grocery retail (MGR) will be the outperformer through to 2017 in growth terms, with sales forecast to grow by more than 49%, compared with 21.1% for overall food sales. MGR is predicted to expand its share of the total food market to 63.5% by 2017, when value sales should reach US $13.13bn. In the competitive arena, BMI sees upside potential in the fact that large-scale infrastructure improvement is ongoing and that Romania will receive substantial influxes of EU funds and loans over the coming years. The EUR7.1bn (US$9.2bn) investment into rural development during 2007-2013 forms part of the national budget.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* In light of the sharp collapse in Polish domestic demand in the first quarter of 2013, we have downgraded our real GDP growth forecasts for 2013 and 2014. High unemployment and stagnant wage growth combined with an uncertain economic outlook will keep domestic demand restrained, and we now estimate real GDP to grow by just 1.5% in 2013 and 2.7% in 2014, from previous forecasts of 1.9% and 3.0% respectively.
* The collapse in household consumption has been perhaps the most significant dynamic in recent quarters, largely underpinning the sharp deceleration in headline real GDP. Retail sales growth dropped from an average of 6.4% y-o-y in 2012 to just 0.8% y-o-y in the first quarter of 2013.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Table: Retail Sales Indicators, 2011-2017
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Table: Romania - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Retail Risk/Reward Ratings
- Romania Risk/Reward Ratings
- Limits To Potential Returns
- Risks To Realisation Of Returns
- Market Overview
- Current Trends
- Key Players
- Central And Eastern Europe Overview
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Retail Trends, 2010-2017
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Retail Sales, 2010-2017 (US$bn, unless stated)
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Retail Sales By % Share, 2010-2017
- Regional Retail Trends
Mass Grocery Retail
- Market Overview
- Table: Structure Of Romania's Mass Grocery Retail Sector By Estimated Number Of Outlets, 2004-2012
- Table: Structure Of Romania's Mass Grocery Retail Sector - Estimated Sales Value By Format, 2004-2012
- Table: Structure Of Romania's Mass Grocery Retail Sector - Average Sales Value Per Retail Outlet - 2012
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Mass Grocery Retail Sales By Format - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mass Grocery Retail By Format (%), 2012-2022
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Passenger Car Sales, Production and Trade Forecasts
- Table: Passenger Car Sales By Brand
- Electric Vehicles
- Used Vehicles
- Table: Used Passenger Car Sales By Brand
- Segment News
- Market Overview
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: OTC Medicine Sales By Subsector, 2007-2010
- Table: Romania Over-The-Counter (OTC) Medicine Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Competitive Landscape
- Domestic Industry
- Foreign Industry
- Table: Members Of ARPIM, 20112
- Pharmaceutical Company Developments
- Pharmaceutical Wholesaling
- Pharmaceutical Retail
- Table: Pharmacies And Pharmaceutical Storehouses, 2000-2006 (000s)
- Table: Romania's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Romania's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Romania's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Romania's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.