2012-11-12 12:23:58 - New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "South Korea Information Technology Report Q4 2012"
South Korean IT spending is expected to reach US$18.8bn in 2012, up 6%, with consumer and business segment IT growth expected to moderate as its economy remains subdued throughout the year. However, South Koreans have experienced a rapid increase in per capita incomes (in US dollar terms) in recent years, and, as the economy remains on a solid growth track, despite a forecast deceleration in 2012, we believe South Koreans will increasingly choose to spend on IT products due to a substantial increase in their disposable incomes. There will be a number of key drivers and growth trends including cloud computing, IT outsourcing and industry-specific software applications.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/499813_south_korea_information_technology_re ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: US$4.5bn in 2011
to US$4.6bn in 2012, +1% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms is upwardly revised and form factors such as tablets will provide growth areas in 2012, as well as Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system.
Software Sales: US$6.3bn in 2011 to US$6.7bn in 2012, +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised with the trend in the South Korean software market being towards specialised vertical-specific application packages.
IT Services Sales: US$7.1bn in 2011 to US$7.6bn in 2012, +8% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged as vendors and service providers are investing heavily in the cloud computing market.
Risk/Reward Ratings: South Korea's score was 64.0 out of 100.0. South Korea retains fourth place in our latest Asia RRR table, behind Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, but still ahead of China and the Philippines. The country also benefited from a relatively high, albeit reduced, country structure score of 70.
Key Trends & Developments
* South Korean government agencies are adopting cloud computing and the Ministry of Public Administration and Security is investing in cloud technologies for national computing resources. The Ministry of Knowledge Economy has launched a study of how to combine green IT with cloud platforms. New cloud computing offerings should fuel further demand from companies to utilise this technology and drive investment in datacentres. * * Demand from the financial segment should also be a growth area, with financial services institutions investing in more customer-orientated strategies and streamlining complex operating environments. Growing demand for cloud computing services will also generate opportunities and investments in datacentres. * * IT spending in export-dependent South Korea will remain vulnerable to continued uncertainty in the global economy. We see consumer demand decelerating in 2012 because of mounting consumer debt and we have revised our forecast downwards. Corporate IT spending should also moderate, due to a weaker outlook for the export sector in 2012, and a forecast slowdown in China.
Report Table of Contents:
- South Korea IT Sector SWOT
- South Korea Political SWOT
- South Korea Economic SWOT
- South Korea Business Environment SWOT
Asia Pacific IT Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Risk/Reward Ratings Q412
IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- IT Growth and Drivers
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- Industry Developments
- Table: South Korea IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (US$mn unless otherwise stated), 2009-2016
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: South Korea Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2016
- IT Services
- Table : Broadband Subscriptions
- Table: Broadband Technologies By Operator
- Table: South Korea - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Samsung Electronics
- Table: South Korea's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: South Korea's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: South Korea's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: South Korea's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.