2014-03-30 03:34:05 - New Insurance research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Unlike most Latin American countries, Uruguay was able to avoid recession during 2008-2009, with GDP rising by 2.9% in 2009. The gross written premium of the insurance industry registered a CAGR of 18.9% to value UYU21.6 billion (US$1.1 billion) in 2012. The penetration rate of the industry also rose, from 1.7% in 2008 to 2.2% in 2012. The industry is very competitive, and since its liberalization in 1993 the number of private insurance companies has increased; there were 16 insurers operating in the insurance industry in 2012. Nonetheless, state-owned insurer Banco de Seguros del Estado (BSE) continued to lead the industry with a 69.3% share of gross written premium in 2012.
* The non-life segment accounted for 70.3% of
the industry's gross written premium in 2012. Motor insurance accounted for 42% of the segment's gross written premium in 2012, followed by general liability insurance with 38.5%
* The life segment registered the fastest CAGR of 26.7% during the review period, as a result of an increase in demand for pension products which recorded a CAGR of 37% with a gross written premium of UYU2.8 billion (US$0.13 billion) in 2012
* There were 16 insurers operating in the insurance industry in 2012. Nonetheless, state-owned insurer Banco de Seguros del Estado (BSE) continued to lead the industry with a 69.3% share of gross written premium in 2012
* Unlike most Latin American countries, Uruguay was able to avoid recession during 2008-2009, with GDP rising by 2.9% in 2009
* Stable economic growth, expanding tourism and rising disposable income will act as major drivers over the forecast period (2012-2017)
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/775752_the_insurance_industry_in_uruguay_key ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the insurance industry in Uruguay:
* It provides historical values for the Uruguayan insurance industry for the report's 2008-2012 review period and expected figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key segments and categories in the Uruguayan insurance industry, along with forecasts until 2017.
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
* It profiles the top insurance companies in Uruguay, and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast industry data related to the Uruguayan insurance industry and each segment within it.
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key trends and growth opportunities within the Uruguayan insurance industry.
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the Uruguayan insurance industry.
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key segments.
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Uruguayan insurance industry and its impact on companies and the industry's future.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Banco de Seguros del Estado, Uruguay RSA, Porto Seguro, Mapfre Uruguay SA, Metlife Seguros de Vida, Sancor Seguros Uruguay SA, AIG Uruguay, Compania Cooperativa de Seguros Surco, HDI Seguros SA,
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
3 Bulgarian Insurance Industry Attractiveness
3.1 Insurance Industry Size, 2008-2017
3.2 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
3.2.1 Business drivers
3.2.2 Consumer drivers
3.3 Recent Market Developments
4 Life Insurance Outlook
4.1 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Category
4.1.1 Individual life insurance
4.1.2 Individual General Annuity
4.1.3 Individual pension
4.1.4 Individual endowment
4.1.5 Individual Marriage and birth insurance
4.1.6 Individual unit-linked insurance
4.1.7 Individual Term life Insurance
4.1.8 Individual supplementary
4.1.9 Individual others
4.1.10 Group life insurance
4.1.11 Group superannuation
4.1.12 Group unit-linked insurance
4.2 Life Insurance Growth Prospects by Product Type
4.2.1 Individual single-premium policies
4.2.2 Individual non-single-premium policies
4.2.3 Group single-premium policies
4.2.4 Group non-single-premium policies
5 Analysis by Distribution Channel
5.1 Direct marketing
5.6 Other channels
6 Regulatory Policies
7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis - Bulgarian Life Insurance
7.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier: medium
7.2 Bargaining Power of Buyer: low
7.3 Barriers to Entry: low to medium
7.4 Intensity of Rivalry: high
7.5 Threat of Substitutes: low
8 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
8.1 Reinsurance Segment Size, 2008-2017
8.2 Reinsurance Segment Size by Type of Insurance, 2008-2017
9 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
9.2 Leading Companies in the Bulgarian Life Insurance Segment
9.3 Comparison of top five insurers
9.3.1 Gross Written Premium
9.3.2 Outwards reinsurance expense
9.3.3 Net earned premiums
9.3.4 Gross Claims
9.3.5 Paid Claims
9.3.6 Pre tax profit/loss
9.3.7 Total Assets
9.3.8 Total investment income
9.3.9 Underwriting profit/loss
9.3.10 Net loss ratio
9.3.11 Combined ratio
9.4 Company 1 - Company Overview
9.4.1 Company 1 - Key Facts
9.4.2 Company 1 - Key Financials
9.5 Company 2 - Company Overview
9.5.1 Company 2 - Key Facts
9.5.2 Company 2 - Key Financials
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.