2013-08-31 08:23:40 - New Consumer Goods market report from Datamonitor: "TrendSights: Situational Complexity"
People's life journeys have evolved from being a linear path with prescribed "checkpoints" to a more complex experience that defies convention and is guided more by individual choice. New paths through adulthood and more diverse family structures are driving profound changes in household dynamics, purchasing responsibilities, and spending influences.
Scope of this Report
* Pinpoint over 30 marketing and innovation "platforms" that can be employed to more effectively identify with consumers and entice new product trial.
* Access a number of unique Datamonitor datasets to understand the extent to which lifestages and household structures are shifting.
* Use a blend of consumer and innovation insight to understand the impact of more complex life journeys on shoppers' attitudes and buying behaviors.
Study a sub-trend overview and an examination of four of the themes most associated with the Situational Complexity sub-trend.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/671059_trendsights_situational_complexity.as ..
Across 24 countries, nearly a third of 25-34 year olds live with their parents. Weakened job prospects and the desire to maintain their lifestyle are two key motivations for staying in the parental home. Consumers in this living arrangement face the dueling desires to save but still enjoy life.
Two thirds of global consumers agree that men have an equal responsibility to women when it comes to household chores. This reflects the reality that parenthood in contemporary society is less dictated by traditional roles where women perform the bulk of household duties and child-rearing.
Keywords: evolving, landscapes, situational, complexity, TrendSights, innovation, global, lifestages, family, household, adolescence, tweens, teens, adulthood, generation Y, millennials, coupling, marriage, divorce, relationships, parenthood, childrearing, mother, father, senior, baby boomers, retirement.
Reasons to Get this Report
What are the key mega-trends, trends, and sub-trends that are shaping the consumer and innovation landscape? Where does Situational Complexity fit?
* What is the Situational Complexity sub-trend? How does it impact consumers? What will it mean for core product and marketing innovation in my sector?
* How are household compositions changing globally and how is this impacting purchasing influences and responsibilities?
* What influence does the delaying of marriage and childrearing have on couples' purchasing decisions and priorities?
* What is the impact of population aging on boomers' retirement plans, life aspirations, and spending intentions?
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.