2012-04-14 09:20:09 - Recently published research from GlobalData, "Offshore Wind Vessels Demand to Surge Due to Strong Growth in Offshore Wind Installations", is now available at Fast Market Research
Offshore wind is being increasingly explored around the world for its high yield. Its stronger, more consistent winds compared to onshore locations and the scope for the construction of massive GW-scale projects make it highly attractive and in 2011, global cumulative installed capacity for offshore wind stood at 3.8 GW. Europe dominated the industry, and accounting for over 3.0 GW of capacity. However, the offshore wind industry is currently facing bottlenecks in terms of efficient installation, high voltage power cables and operation and maintenance vessels.
Installations of offshore wind farms with higher capacity turbines and heavier foundations for operating in deeper water are expected to peak in the 2015-2020 periods. However, the development of new oil and gas fields, which compete
for the operation and maintenance vessels these two industries share and offer better prices for the limited equipment, will pose an obstacle to the offshore wind industry achieving its 2020 targets.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/348335_offshore_wind_vessels_demand_to_surge ..
The scope of the report includes -
* Capacity addition during 2011
* Current scenario of offshore wind vessels
* Existing and upcoming offshore wind vessels in the offshore wind market
* Forecasing of offshore wind installed capacity and generation up to 2020 - Global, UK, Germany and China.
* The analysis of future offshore installation vessels supply demand situation - Global
* The analysis of future demand for offshore wind installation vessels - UK, Germany and China.
* The analysis of future demand for operation and maintenance vessels.
* Requirements of future offshore vessel.
Reasons to buy
* The report attempt to focus on global offshore wind vessel market and some of the key countries.
* It provides analysis on future demand for offshore wind installation vessels for global as well as UK, Germany and china.
* Further, it provides forecasting of offshore wind installed capacity from 2012 -2020.
* It provides future supply demand situation for offshore wind vessels globally.
* It also provides information on currently available and upcoming offshore wind vessels in offshore wind market.
Report Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 1
1.1 List of Tables 1
1.2 List of Figures 1
2 Summary 1
3 Offshore Wind Vessels Demand to Surge Due to Strong Growth in Offshore Wind Installations 1
3.1 Global Offshore Wind Market Poised for Large Growth 1
3.2 The Strong Growth in Offshore Market is Creating a Large Demand for Vessels 2
3.3 Demand for Offshore Vessels will Outpace the Supply 4
3.4 Requirements of Future Offshore Vessel 7
4 Appendix 7
4.1 Abbreviations 7
4.2 Methodology 7
4.3 Contact Us 8
4.4 Disclaimer 8
List of Tables
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Offshore Wind Farms, Global Installed Capacity, 2011 2
Table 2: Vessels Required During Different Development Stages 2
Table 3: List of Existing Vessels Catering the Offshore Wind Industry 3
Table 4: Upcoming Specialized Vessels for Installation of Turbines 4
Table 5: Offshore Wind Market, Global, Installation Vessel Supply-Demand Gap, 2012-2020 5
Table 6: Offshore Wind Market, Global, Operation and Maintenance Vessel Demand, 2012-2020 5
Table 7: Offshore Wind Market, UK, Installation Vessel Demand, 2012-2020 6
Table 8: Offshore Wind Market, Germany, Installation Vessel Demand, 2012-2020 6
Table 9: Offshore Wind Market, China, Installation Vessel Demand, 2012-2020 7
Table 10: Abbreviations 7
List of Figures
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: Offshore Wind Market, Global, Cumulative Installed Capacity, MW, 2000-2020 2
Figure 2: Offshore Wind Market, Global, Installation Vessel Supply Demand Gap, 2012-2020 5
Figure 3: Offshore Wind Market, UK, Installation Vessel Demand, 2012-2020 5
Figure 4: Offshore Wind Market, Germany, Installation Vessel Demand, 2012-2020 6
Figure 5: Offshore Wind Market, China, Demand of Installation Vessels, 2012-2020 6
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.