2012-12-04 01:57:56 - Outlet Center Retailing in Europe: Major Players, Strategies and New Opportunities - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Discount destinations provide consumers with luxury and high street brands at prices reduced by 30-70%, and the format continues to perform strongly across the EU27. This report outlines the size of the outlet market and identifies growth markets based on new openings. It also provides insight into the issues impacting the sector and profiles the largest EU outlet operators.
- Select the most suitable outlets for your retail operations by uncovering where they are located and their current mix of retail tenants by sector.
- Inform national business development strategies by uncovering key indicators across each of the EU27 markets, such as outlet space per 1000 consumers.
- Exploit opportunities and mitigate risks by gaining insight into the
issues impacting retailers and brands distributing through factory outlets.
- Select an outlet operator for partnership by using our detailed profiles of the five largest players which includes their locations and strategies.
- Maximise sales at your outlets by uncovering how competitors have been driving footfall by attracting tourists, and providing food and entertainment.
The UK outlet market is the most heavily developed in the EU. The country contains 55 outlets and has 14.0 sq m of outlet space per 1,000 people. Romania has the least developed discount outlet market in the region with only 1.3 sq m of outlet space per 1,000 people, however there are three new outlets in development.
Operating stores in outlet centers allows retailers to target a wider shopper audience however they must be careful not to cannibalise sales from full price stores. Many open outlet stores where they don´t have any stores nearby and others are selling products that were not available in the full price stores within the national market.
McArthurGlen is the EU´s largest pan-European outlet operator managing 20 outlet centers across five European markets. While other regional outlet operators are turning their attention to countries within the Asia Pacific region, McArthurGlen intends to develop its EU markets building new outlets in Germany and France.
Reasons To Buy
- How many outlets do operators such as McArthurGlen, Neinver, Value Retail, Fashion House, and Freeport, manage and where are they expanding to?
- What is the total volume of outlet space in Europe? How is this set to increase over the next two years and where will these increases be occurring?
- What strategies are outlets employing to combat competition from alternative channels such as shopping centers, online discounters, and value players?
- How does the location of outlets vary in different countries and how is this changing as the market evolves? How does the tenant mix vary by country?
- How have retailers benefited from operating outlet stores? How have they issues relating to stock, merchandising, and marketing?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research/Outlet ..
Browse all Retail Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Market-Research?aCode= ..
Browse all Retail Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Retail/Company-Profile?aCode= ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.