2012-09-11 14:39:17 - Payment Card Competitor Tracker: December 2011 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The Payment Card Competitor Tracker provides expert analysis and opinion on the strategic moves of leading competitors in the payment card market. Produced on a monthly basis, the Tracker is a global product and covers over 100 players, including American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Citigroup, Discover, GE Money, First Data, HSBC, JCB, MasterCard, Standard Chartered and Visa.
- Gain invaluable information on your key competitors in one concise document, and track long-term trends using the interactive news database.
- Sharpen your strategy by implementing the best market, product, competitor and strategic developments of leading global players.
- Learn the Datamonitor Cards & Payments Team´s view on the most important competitor developments in the month.
A total of
44 competitor developments are analyzed in the December edition of the Payment Card Competitor Tracker. This is just below the 12-month average of 48, but higher than all but one of the previous six months. As 2011 drew to a close many companies announced their intentions for the new year ahead.
United Overseas Bank (UOB) launched a cardless cash withdrawal scheme for its account holders in Singapore. The mobile based solution allows consumers to transfer funds to individuals via a password protected code, which can be used to withdraw cash from ATMs. The pre-determined withdrawals do not need a card, or the account holder present.
Discover and PayPal annouced reward schemes targeting online gamers. Discover sponsored the FarmVille expansion launch Winter Wonderland, offering Discover branded content. PayPal´s scheme offered prizes for users purchasing Xbox Live content using PayPal. It highlights the growing interest around the profitable online gaming market for payments.
Reasons to Buy
- What have been the key new product developments in the industry this month, particularly in contactless, mobile, online and prepaid?
- Which players are leading the way with these new developments, and where are they occurring?
- How have trends in competitor activity changed over time, and which regions are becoming more active?
- What are the top developments in the past month and what do they mean for my business?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Finance-and-Banking/Market-Re ..
Browse all Finance and Banking Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Finance-and-Banking/Market-Re ..
Browse all Finance and Banking Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Finance-and-Banking/Company-P ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.