2013-01-29 14:40:51 - New Financial Services market report from Datamonitor: "Payment Card Competitor Tracker: September 2012"
The Payment Card Competitor Tracker provides expert analysis and opinion on the strategic moves of leading competitors in the payment card market. Produced on a monthly basis, the Tracker is a global product and covers over 150 players, including American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Citigroup, Discover, GE Money, First Data, HSBC, JCB, MasterCard, Standard Chartered and Visa.
* Gain invaluable information on your key competitors in one concise document, and track long-term trends using the interactive news database.
* Sharpen your strategy by implementing the best market, product, competitor and strategic developments of leading global players.
* Learn the Datamonitor Cards & Payments Team's view on the most important competitor developments in the month.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/531050_payment_card_competitor_tracker_septe ..
Apple unveiled its long-expected revamp of the iPhone with the iPhone 5. Surprisingly for many industry analysts, the iPhone 5 does not hold near field communication (NFC) functionality. However, with the near simultaneous rollout of Apple's latest operating system, iOS6, the company has released its first official digital wallet platform.
US NFC joint venture Isis announced that its pilot launches in Salt Lake City, Utah and Austin, Texas will be delayed for the second time this year due to a host of small but important elements that still need to be put into place. This latest delay is now causing some in the industry to question the long-term potential of NFC.
Online deal provider Groupon is the latest player to enter the POS acceptance market, having recently announced that it is updating its iPhone app to provide mobile payment acceptance to retailers using a dongle to swipe payment cards.
Reasons to Get this Report
* What have been the key new product developments in the industry this month, particularly in contactless, mobile, online and prepaid?
* Which players are leading the way with these new developments, and where are they occurring?
* How have trends in competitor activity changed over time, and which regions are becoming more active?
* What are the top developments in the past month and what do they mean for my business?
Partial Table of Contents:
* The Payment Card Competitor Tracker provides insight into the latest developments worldwide
* Improvements made to the 2012 Payment Card Competitor Tracker series
* Each month, Datamonitor tracks the most relevant announcements from over 150 competitors
* DatamonitoraEURs Cards and Payments team provides analysis of the key developments at one-month and 12-month intervals
* A fully searchable database of developments from January 2007 onwards is also delivered alongside the report
DEVELOPMENTS IN SEPTEMBER
* Key developments in September
* Apple takes a different path to quietly enter the world of mobile payments
* Delay in Isis launch highlights the difficulty of launching a full-scale NFC ecosystem
* Groupon enters the point-of-sale market with questions on its long-term sustainability
* Bank of China launches a virtual card
* Payment providers flock to Burma
PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND INNOVATION
* ANZ Bank
* Australia: ANZ's goMoney mobile banking app is now available on Android phones
* Global: Atos Worldwide launches a ready-to-go near field communication mobile wallet
* Bank of China
* Canada: Bank of China releases its first Canadian dollar credit card
* China: Bank of China introduces a virtual card payment service
* Bank of Moscow
* Russia: Bank of Moscow increases the number of ATMs that feature the integrated "Personal Office" service
* Russia: Bank of Moscow announces that it is lifting restrictions on cash withdrawals from its ATMs on VTB24, TransCreditBank, and Bezhitsa bank cards
* Russia: Bank of Moscow introduces "My Travel Pass
* UK: Barclaycard releases two new reward cards
* UK: Barclaycard and Orange announce plans to launch the first Android smartphone compatible with the Quick Tap contactless payments service
* US: Barclaycard US supports Google Wallet
* Mexico: BBVABancomer announces the launch of a service to send money using mobile phones
* Peru: Citibank partners with Visa to introduce a new corporate payment solution
* South Korea: Citibank Korea introduces wheelchair-friendly ATMs
* US: Citibank begins offering electronic ATM receipts
* China: Citibank announces the features of its sole-branded credit cards
* Czech Republic: Citi Czech Republic launches the Citi BILLA contactless credit card
* Czech Republic: Citibank becomes the first bank in the Czech market to offer Centralized Household Payment Collection payments and O2 service payments by direct debit from credit cards
* Danske Bank
* Global: Danske Bank subsidiary, Sampo Bank, announces the installation of devices on ATMs to prevent card cloning
* Brazil: Euronet subsidiary ePay announces the launch of Terra gift cards in Brazil
* Giesecke & Devrient
* Canada and Germany: Giesecke & Devrient announces the addition of Visa mobile to its Worldwide TSM services
Full Table of Contents is available at:
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.