2014-01-27 09:01:35 - By System (Intrusion Detection Sensor, Video Surveillance, Communication/Alarm and Notification, Access Control System), by Deployment (Fence Mounted, Buried, Open Area)
A perimeter is the boundary that divides the assets from the exterior world. The intention of deploying perimeter security solutions is to protect the infrastructure from the external threats such as vandalism, diversion, sabotage and other criminal acts. These systems assist to deter, detect, deny, delay and defend unauthorized access to the assets within the perimeter. Perimeter security is divided into physical security for buildings, infrastructure, and grounds; and logical security for computer networks. The physical security aspect has been covered in this report. Outdoor perimeter security is frequently-neglected, but it can considerably improve the efficiency of any infrastructure's security system.
Defense and Government, transportation facilities, critical infrastructure, commercial facilities, sensitive areas and others are the verticals which have been taken
into consideration in the report. In 2013, critical infrastructure vertical accounts for the highest market share. This is followed by defense and government vertical. It is expected that in 2018, this same trend will continue.
The commercial facilities and sensitive areas verticals are expected to have higher CAGR in the forecast period. Few high growth markets in the critical infrastructure vertical are -
1. Nuclear power stations
2. Utilities such as water, oil and gas, electric
3. Chemical and petro-chemical facilities
4. Industrial facilities and manufacturing plants
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/769105_perimeter_security_market_by_system_i ..
Marketsandmarkets expects that critical infrastructure vertical will account for the largest market share throughout the forecast period. However, there are few revenue pockets, namely commercial facilities and transportation facilities that will witness significant growth in this period.
Majority of the challenges in this market are specific to the application environment of the sensor technology. These are related to the high nuisance/ false alarm rates (FAR). It the solutions have higher FAR, the security personals tend to loose trust in the system.
There are various assumptions that we have taken into consideration for market sizing and forecasting exercise. Few of global assumptions include political, economic, social, technological and economic factors. For instance, exchange rates, one of the economic factors, are expected to have a moderate rating of impact on this market. Therefore, dollar fluctuations are expected to not seriously affect the forecasts in the emerging APAC regions.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways -
1. This report segments the market into devices and applications, covering this market comprehensively. The report provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub-segments. The market numbers are further split across the different verticals and regions.
2. This report will help them better understand the competitor and gain more insights to better position their business. There is a separate section on competitive landscape, including competitor ecosystem, mergers and acquisition and venture capital funding. Besides, there are company profiles of 20 top players in this market. In this section, market internals are provided that can put them ahead of the competitors.
3. The report helps them understand the pulse of the market. The report provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
1. Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Market [Network Security, Physical Security, CIP Radars, CBRNE Detection; Vehicle Identification, Secure Communication; SCADA Security, Building Management]: Global Advancements, Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013-2018)
2. Physical Security Market By Products (Video Surveillance, Access Control, Biometrics, Intrusion Detection, Security Systems), Services (Remote Management, Technical Support, Security Consulting) Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2013-2018)
3. Transportation Safety and Transportation Security Market Modes (Airways; Seaways; Roadways; Railways); Systems (Access Control; Surveillance, Scanning, Screening, Tracking, Navigation, Fire Safety): - Worldwide Market Forecasts (2013 - 2018)
MarketsandMarkets (M&M) is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. The company publishes high-level strategically analyzed reports for over ten industry verticals and serves as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world. View more research from Markets and Markets at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1014
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.