2013-11-02 09:46:31 - Fast Market Research recommends "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" from Timetric, now available
In terms of gross written premium, the Indian personal accident and health insurance segment recorded the fastest growth in the country's insurance industry. The increasing middle-class population added to the growth of the health insurance category, while changing demographics, an increased focus on the work culture and urbanization have resulted in a high demand for better-quality healthcare. To further support growth in the Indian health insurance category, India's Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) is taking steps to make it easier for foreign health insurers to enter the health insurance category.
* Despite the global economic crisis, the Indian personal accident and health insurance segment continued to record healthy growth during the review period.
* The increasing middle-class population
added to the growth of the health insurance category, while changing demographics, an increased focus on the work culture and urbanization have resulted in a high demand for better-quality healthcare.
* The largest category in the personal accident and health insurance segment is health insurance, which generated 88.5% of the market's total written premiums in 2012.
* The personal accident and health insurance segment in India is highly concentrated, with the top ten companies collectively accounting for 90.6% of the segment's total written premiums in 2012.
* Over the forecast period, the segment is expected to record strong growth due to the nation's increasing population, a rise in domestic and international travel, plus a greater public awareness of health insurance benefits as key companies expand their product portfolios.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/709611_personal_accident_and_health_insuranc ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment in India:
* It provides historical values for India's personal accident and health insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in India's personal accident and health insurance segment, along with forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in India
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in India for the personal accident and health insurance business
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in India and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in India and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast data related to the Indian personal accident and health insurance segment and each of the categories within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Indian personal accident and health insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Indian personal accident and health insurance segment and its impact on companies and future trends
Companies Mentioned in this Report: New India Assurance Co. Ltd, United India Insurance Co. Ltd, National Insurance Co. Ltd, Oriental Insurance Company Ltd, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd, Star Health & Allied Insurance Co Ltd., HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company Ltd, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd, Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Ltd, Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Ltd
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.