2013-12-22 00:19:05 - New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
Written premiums generated in the Thai personal accident and health insurance segment accounted for 15% of the overall insurance industry's gross written premium in 2012. The segment registered significant growth during the review period (2008-2012), at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.1%. The health and personal accident categories were moderately concentrated in 2011, with the top five companies in the former accounting for 65% of the direct premium, and the top six companies in the latter accounting for 63%.
* Written premiums generated in the Thai personal accident and health insurance segment accounted for 15% of the overall insurance industry's gross written premium in 2012
* The personal accident insurance category grew at a review-period CAGR of
8.6%, and is expected to register a CAGR of 9.1% over the forecast period (2013-2017)
* The Thai government is expected to make health and travel insurance mandatory for foreign tourists visiting the country
* With only 1% of the Thai population having taken private health insurance so far, and increases in disposable income expected, significant growth opportunities exist for the private health category
* Personal accident and health policies are primarily distributed through brokers. In 2012, brokers were responsible for 53.6% of the gross written premium generated in the segment
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/755304_personal_accident_and_health_insuranc ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance segment in Thailand:
* It provides historical values for Thai personal accident and health insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Thai personal accident and health insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Thailand
* Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Thailand for the personal accident and health insurance segment
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Thailand and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Thailand and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Thai personal accident and health insurance segment and each category within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Thai personal accident and health insurance segment
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Thai insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: AIA Insurance Thailand, Thai Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Ayudhya Allianz CP Life Public Company Ltd, Muang Thai Life Assurance Company Ltd, Bangkok Life Assurance Ltd, SCB Life Assurance Public Company Ltd, Thanachart Life Assurance Company Ltd, Ocean Life Insurance Company Ltd, Krungthai-Axa Life Insurance Public Company Ltd, Generali Life Insurance (Thailand) Co., Ltd, Dhipaya Insurance Public Company Ltd, ACE INA Overseas Insurance Co., Ltd, Bangkok Insurance Public Company Ltd, Bupa Health Insurance (Thailand), Ltd, Cigna Insurance Public Company Ltd, Siam Commercial Samaggi Insurance Public Co. Ltd, Muang Thai Insurance Public Company Ltd, New Hampshire Insurance Company, Krungthai Panich Insurance Public Company Ltd, Viriyah Insurance Co., Ltd
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.