2012-09-05 05:24:45 - New Financial Services market report from Timetric: "Personal Accident and Health Insurance in New Zealand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016"
The largest category in the personal accident and health insurance segment in 2011 was personal accident insurance with a 59% share, followed by health insurance which accounted for a share of 37.2%. The main distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance in New Zealand are insurance brokers and direct marketing. These two channels accounted for an 86% share of the total market commission in 2011. Rising healthcare costs, low penetration of health insurance products and anticipated reforms are expected to increase the role of private insurers which will support the growth of the segment over the forecast period.
* The personal accident and health insurance segment of the New Zealand insurance industry witnessed a steady growth during the
review period of 2007-2011.
* According to a report produced by the Health Fund Association of New Zealand in December 2011, an increased reliance on government healthcare expenditure meant the deterring of private healthcare firms from investing.
* The treasury’s briefing to the government that health spending grew at a faster rate than the economy as a whole for the past two decades confirmed the unsustainable levels of public spending on healthcare.
* Due to strong, country-wide distribution networks and high customer confidence, brokers enabled insurance companies to increase the penetration and demand for their personal accident and health insurance policies.
* Some clients used the internet or the telephone to make their purchases, driving a focus for online marketing. The rising demand for direct marketing increased the number of direct marketing distributors in the personal accident and health insurance segment.
* The leading personal accident and health insurance companies in New Zealand are: Sovereign Assurance, Southern Cross Health Society, Tower Health and Life, Partners Life, AIA New Zealand, AMP and Asteron.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/459685_personal_accident_and_health_insuranc ..
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance market in New Zealand:
* It provides historical values for the New Zealand personal accident and health insurance market for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the New Zealand personal accident and health insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
* It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
* It analyses the various distribution channels for insurance products in New Zealand
* Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in New Zealand for the personal accident and health insurance business
* It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in New Zealand and its growth prospects
* It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in New Zealand and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the New Zealand personal accident and health insurance market and each sector within it
* Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the New Zealand personal accident and health insurance market
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance market
* Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the New Zealand insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Sovereign Assurance Company Limited , Southern Cross Health Society , Partner Life , Tower Health and Life (NZ) Limited, AIA New Zealand
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.