2013-03-20 12:08:34 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Philippines Infrastructure Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI View: The major ramp-up in public construction investment seen in the Philippines in 2012 has validated our long-held view that conducive monetary conditions and robust government spending would bring real growth in the country's construction sector back to positive territory. We expect these conditions to continue to flourish in 2013, as the country's economy remains in a sweet spot of strong economic growth and well-behaved inflation. Furthermore, the government's private-public partnership programme continues to progress, providing a solid base for infrastructure activity. We remain bullish towards the Philippine construction sector, with real growth forecast to reach 8.0% in 2013 and 7.3% in 2014.
Major developments in the Philippines' infrastructure industry:
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/552367_philippines_infrastructure_report_q2_ ..
* In December 2012,
Global Business Power Corporation said that it is to begin work on constructing the Toledo coal-fired power plant in the Philippines. The 82-megawatt (MW) plant will entail a PHP10.2bn (US$249.55mn) cost in the form of equity and loans. It will make the first power supply to Carmen Copper on December 26 2014 as agreed in the deal reached by the parties. The project will give job opportunities to 500 people during its construction phase, while 120 direct and indirect jobs will be created after it will become operational, according to Global Power's Chairman, Francisco Sebastian.
* In January 2013, Formosa Heavy Industries and True North Manufacturing Services Corporation (TNMSC) had signed a contract for two new power plants in Bataan and Davao respectively, located offshore the Philippines. The engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract was awarded by San Miguel Corporation (SMC). The construction of the two plants is scheduled to begin in 2013, with the plants boasting a combined power generation capacity of 600MW. The two plants are part of the 3,000MW capacity expansion unveiled by SMC in its energy investment blueprint. The contract was signed by Formosa Assistant Vice President Gu-Chuan Tsiou, TNMSC President Domicinio B Son and Aurora T Calderon and Ferdinand K. Constantino - the board directors of SMC Global Power Holdings Corporation.
In February 2013, four infrastructure projects were approved by the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Centre's Project Development and Monitoring Facility Board (PDMF) for possible inclusion under the Philippine government's PPP programme. These four projects are located on the main island of Luzon and consist of roads, railways and gas pipeline projects. This approval from the PDMF means that funds can be channelled to these infrastructure projects for pre-construction activities such as documentation and feasibility studies. These studies are expected to take five to six months to complete, after which, their inclusion in the PPP programme will depend on approval from the Philippines National Economic & Development Authority - an independent cabinet-level agency of the Philippine government responsible for economic development and planning.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Table: Philippines Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, 2011 - 2016
- Table: Philippines Construction And Infrastructure Long Term Forecast, 2017 - 2022
- Table: Philippines - Total Gross Value In Construction For Q4 And FY2011/12 (At Constant 2000 Prices), By Sector, PHPmn
- Table: Philippines - Projects Under PPP Programme
- BE Risks Still Pertinent
- Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Competitiveness Of Philippines' Infrastructure
- Table: Consortia And Companies Submitting Qualification Bids For LRT-1 South (Cavite)
- Table: Major Projects - Transport
Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Philippines - Renewable Feed-In Tariffs, 2012
- Table: Major Projects - Energy and Utilities
- Residential/Non-Residential Construction - Outlook And Overview
- Table: Philippines Residential and Non-residential Building Industry Data, 2011-2016
- Table: Philippines Residential and Non-residential Building Long Term Forecast, 2015-2022
- Residential/Non-Residential Building Outlook And Overview
- Table: Residential/Non-Residential Construction And Social Infrastructure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Philippines Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Asia Infrastructure Risk Reward Ratings
- Giants Of Asia: Rewards Sizeable, Risks Sizeable
- South East Asia: Large Pipelines, Loose Monetary Policy
- Nearly Developed Markets: Economic Slowdown Takes A Toll
- Table: Asia Infrastructure Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Philippines - Projects Under PPP Programme
- Competitive Landscape
- Table: EQS Data
- EEI Corporation
- First Balfour
- San Miguel Corporation (SMC)
Global Industry Overview
- Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Dubai Confidence Up, Mega-Spending Status Quo In The Region
- Low Yields Push Capital Further Into Infrastructure
- Turkey Shines As South Africa and Poland Struggle To Recover
- Natural Resource Boom Drives SSA Infrastructure Investment
- Latin America
- Table: Planned Elections: Latin America 2013
- Data Methodology
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.