2012-08-31 03:58:08 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Philippines Retail Report Q4 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
The Philippines Retail Report examines the long-term potential of the local consumer market, but flags short-term concerns about the impact on the Philippines' economic outlook of the government's continued inability to promote growth-positive initiatives.
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Philippine retail market while minimising investment risk, and also explores the impact of headwinds from an expected hard landing in China and weak growth in the US and Japan on the Philippine consumer and on the ability of producers and exporters to realise returns in the short term.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the Philippine retail sector, as they seek to maximise the growth opportunities offered
by the local market.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451347_philippines_retail_report_q4_2012.asp ..
The Philippines comes last in BMI's Asia Retail risk/reward ratings, although it outperforms slightly for rewards.
Among all retail categories, Mass Grocery Retail (MGR) will be the outperformer through to 2016 in growth terms, with sales forecast to increase by 44.4% between 2012 and 2016, from US$12.68bn to US$18.31bn as domestic operators start modernising their outlets and increase the variety of products on offer.
In the competitive arena, BMI sees upside potential in market liberalisation, which may encourage global multinationals to enter the country.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* BMI expects a slight uptick in Philippine economic growth in 2012 as increased government spending and a moderate rebound in exports combine to return some momentum to the economy. However, the government's 5.0-6.0% growth target still appears to be extremely optimistic. We forecast the economy expanding by a more attainable pace of 3.9% in 2012, with exports posting modest growth of 2.2% amid a backdrop of weak external demand, and fixed capital spending growth remaining strong at 9.0%.
* Private consumption continues to be the bright spot in the Philippine economy. The category posted growth of 5.8% in 2011, accounting for 4.2 percentage points of the overall economy's expansion. The consumer phenomenon in the Philippines continues to be driven by strong remittance inflows, which grew by 7.2% in 2011 and have continued their strong trajectory in 2012. However, BMI believes that moderating overseas foreign worker remittance inflows as well as a weak domestic employment outlook will limit private consumption growth to 4.3% in 2012 and an average of 4.5% through 2015, making 2011's comparatively high figure an anomaly that is unlikely to signal a longer-term trend.
Report Table of Contents:
- Philippines Retail Business Environment SWOT
- Philippines Political SWOT
- Philippines Economic SWOT
- Current Trends
- Key Players
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Retail Growth Outlook
- Table: Philippines Retail Sales Indicators, 2009-2016
- Table: Retail Sales Breakdown By Key Segment, 2012f
- Macroeconomic Outlook
- Table: Philippines - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
Regional Retail Outlook
- Asia Pacific Retail Outlook
- Table: Asia Pacific Retail Sales, 2009-2016 (US$bn)
- Table: Share Of Regional Retail Sales, 2009-2016 (%)
- Table: Asia Pacific Food Consumption, 2009-2016 (US$bn)
- Table: Asia Pacific Macroeconomic Outlook, 2009-2016
- Asia Pacific Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Retail Risk/Reward Ratings
- The Philippines' Retail Rating
- Limits To Potential Returns
- Risks To Realisation Of Returns
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Market SWOT
- Market Overview
- Table: Computers - Demand, 2009-2016
- Table: AV Demand - 2009-2016
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Mobile Handsets - Demand, 2009-2016
- Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2006-2016
- Industry Developments
- Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Philippines Auto Industry - Sales, 2010-2016
- Table: Philippines Auto Industry - Production , 2010-2016
- Passenger Cars - Forecasts & Analysis
- Table: Philippines Passenger Cars - Production & Sales, 2010-2016
- Top Ten Carmakers in Philippines By Sales (Units)
- Company News
- Industry News
- Industry Developments
- Philippines Pharmaceutical And Healthcare Industry SWOT Analysis
- Market Summary
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: OTC Medicine Sales, 2008-2016
- Competitive Landscape
- Table: Philippines' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Philippines' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Philippines' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Philippines' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.