2013-02-01 18:15:57 - Fast Market Research recommends "Philippines Retail Report Q1 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
The Philippines Retail Report examines the long-term potential of the local consumer market, but flags short-term concerns about how ongoing external weaknesses impact on the Philippines' economic outlook.
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Philippine retail market while minimising investment risk. It also explores the impact of the emerging hard landing in China on the Philippine consumer and on the ability of producers and exporters to realise returns in the short term.
The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the Philippine retail sector, as they seek to maximise growth opportunities offered by the local market.
The Philippines comes last in BMI's Asia Retail risk/reward ratings, although it outperforms slightly
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/529451_philippines_retail_report_q1_2013.asp ..
Among all retail categories, Mass Grocery Retail (MGR) will be the outperformer through to 2017 in growth terms, with sales forecast to increase by 41.5% between 2013 and 2017, from US$13.94bn to US$19.72bn as domestic operators start modernising their outlets and increase the variety of products on offer.
In the competitive arena, BMI sees upside potential in market liberalisation, which may encourage global multinationals to enter the country.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* BMI has revised upwards its full-year 2012 private consumption growth outlook to 5.0% from 4.3% as a result of the services sector's stronger-than-expected performance in Q112, bringing our full-year headline GDP forecast for 2012 from 3.9% previously to 4.2%. The Philippine economy expanded by 6.4% year-on-year in Q112, beating expectations with strong services growth of 8.5% amid an improving domestic outlook.
* BMI has upgraded its private consumption forecast for 2012 to 5.0% from a previous forecast of 4.3%. Private consumption contributed a strong 4.6pp to overall growth in Q112, expanding by 6.6% y-o-y and reflecting the positive consumer story in the archipelago. Stoked by strong wage growth near 7.0%, remittance growth of 5.4% and dovish inflation expectations (we see inflation ending the year at a moderate 3.4% versus its current rate of 3.0%), consumer confidence improved from -20.6% in Q411 to -14.7% in Q112.
Report Table of Contents:
- Philippines Retail Business Environment SWOT
- Philippines Political SWOT
- Philippines Economic SWOT
- Current Trends
- Key Players
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Consumer Outlook
- Table: Philippines Retail Sales Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: Retail Sales Breakdown By Key Segment, 2013f
- Macroeconomic Outlook
- Table: Philippines - Economic Activity
Regional Retail Outlook
- Asia Pacific Retail Outlook
- Table: Asia Pacific Retail Sales, 2010-2017 (US$bn)
- Table: Share Of Regional Retail Sales, 2010-2017 (%)
- Table: Asia Pacific Food Consumption, 2010-2017 (US$bn)
- Table: Asia Pacific Macroeconomic Outlook, 2010-2017
- Asia Pacific Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Regional Retail Business Environment Ratings
- The Philippines' Retail Rating
- Limits To Potential Returns
- Risks To Realisation Of Returns
- Philippines Consumer Electronics Market SWOT
- Philippines Electronics Industry SWOT
- Market Overview
- Table: Computers: Demand, 2009-2016
- Table: AV: Demand, 2009-2016
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Mobile Handsets: Demand, 2009-2016
- Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview
- Industry Developments
- Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Philippines Auto Industry - Sales, 2010-2016
- Table: Philippines Auto Industry - Production, 2010-2016
- Passenger Cars
- Table: Philippines Passenger Cars - Production And Sales, 2010-2016
- Table: Top Ten Carmakers In Philippines By Sales (Units), 2010-2011
- Company News
- Philippines Pharmaceutical And Healthcare Industry SWOT
- Market Overview
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: OTC Medicine Sales, 2008-2016
- Competitive Landscape
- Table: Overview Of BnB, BNB and P100 Programme
- Table: Cost Of Generic Drugs In Philippines (PHP)
- Table: Number Of BnBs and BNBs In Selected Philippine Regions
- Table: Philippines' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Philippines' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Philippines' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Philippines' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.