2013-09-24 17:27:51 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Philippines Retail Report Q4 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
The Philippines Retail Report examines the long-term potential of the local consumer market, but flags short-term concerns about the impact on the Philippines' economic outlook of ongoing external weaknesses.
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Philippine retail market while minimising investment risk, and explores the impact of an increasingly hostile external demand environment on the Philippine consumer and on the ability of producers and exporters to realise returns in the short term. The report also analyses the growth and risk management strategies being employed by the leading players in the Philippine retail sector, as they seek to maximise the growth opportunities offered by the local market.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/686336_philippines_retail_report_q4_2013.asp ..
Philippines per capita consumer spending is
forecast to increase by 36% to 2017, compared with a regional growth average of 43%. The Philippines comes sixth (out of seven) in BMI's Asia Retail Risk/Reward Ratings, although it outperforms slightly for rewards.
Among all retail categories, mass grocery retail (MGR) will be the outperformer through to 2017 in growth terms. Sales are forecast to increase by 41.7% between 2013 and 2017, from US$13.9bn to US$19.7bn as domestic operators start modernising their outlets and increase the variety of products on offer. In the competitive arena, BMI sees upside potential in market liberalisation, which may encourage global multinationals to enter the country.
Over the last quarter, BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* Even in the face of a considerable slowdown in exports, the Philippine economy continues to power on, with Q113 figures reflecting impressive real GDP growth of 7.8% year-on-year. Although we reiterate that the Philippines is indeed vulnerable should external conditions continue to worsen, and that mediumterm risks stemming from a potential Japanese fiscal crisis are pertinent, we believe that strong domestic fundamentals will be enough to power the country on to strong growth in the immediate future. As such, we note that risks to our 2013 real GDP growth forecast of 5.9% are to the upside, and have upgraded our 2014 and 2015 forecasts to 5.5% and 5.4% respectively.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Table: Philippines Retail Sales Indicators, 2010-2017
- Table: Retail Sales Breakdown By Key Segment, 2013f
- Economic Analysis
- Debt Metrics Looking Strong
- But Revenue Collection Still A Concern
- Broader Fiscal House In Solid Form
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Philippines Risk/Reward Ratings
- Limits Of Potential Returns
- Risks To Realisation Of Returns
- Asia Pacific Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Retail Risk/Reward Ratings
- Current Trends
- Key Players
- Asia Pacific Overview
- Table: Asia Pacific Retail Sales, 2010-2017 (US$bn)
- Table: Share Of Regional Retail Sales, 2010-2017 (%)
- Table: Asia Pacific Food Consumption, 2010-2017 (US$bn)
- Key Growth Drivers
- Table: Asia Pacific Macroeconomic Outlook, 2010-2017
- Market Overview
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: Philippines Over-The-Counter (OTC) Medicine Market Indicators, Historical Data and Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Table: Pharmaceutical Industry Overview
- Table: Overview Of BnB, BNB and P100 Programme
- Table: Cost Of Generic Drugs In Philippines (PHP)
- Table: Number Of BnBs and BNBs In Selected Philippine Regions
- Market Overview
- Table: Computers - Demand, 2010-2017
- AV Devices
- Table: AV - Demand, 2010-2017
- Mobile Devices
- Table: Mobile Handsets - Demand, 2010-2017
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview
- Competitive Landscape
- Passenger Cars
- Table: Top 10 Carmakers In Philippines By Sales (Units), 2011-2012
- Company News
- Chinese Influx
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Philippines Commercial Vehicles - Production & Sales, 2011-2017
- Table: Philippines' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Philippines' Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Philippines' Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Philippines' Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.