2013-12-08 17:15:21 - New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Poland Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014"
The threat of price cuts in 2014 presents downside risks to the Polish pharmaceutical market, especially if the government does not compromise with the industry. Nevertheless, over a long term horizon, we see growth opportunities in the Polish pharmaceutical market.
Headline Expenditure Projection
* Pharmaceuticals: PLN31.37bn (US$9.64bn) in 2012 to PLN32.29bn (US$10.26bn) in 2013; 3.25% in local currency terms and 6.4% in US dollar terms.
* Healthcare: PLN108.74bn (US$33.43bn) in 2012 to PLN110.10bn (US$34.87bn) in 2013; +1.3% in local currency terms and 4.3% in US dollar terms
Poland has a RRR score of 61.5 out of 100, making it the second most attractive pharmaceutical market in Central and Eastern Europe.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/723612_poland_pharmaceuticals_healthcare_rep ..
The health ministry of Poland released an updated draft of reimbursement lists for public consultation on August 19. The new reimbursement lists became effective from September 1. The draft proposal stated that 23 new pharmaceutical products will be added to the pharmacy list, including a product developed using zoledronic acid to be used in the treatment of patients suffering from advanced hormone-resistant prostate cancer. The draft also stated that 12 pharmaceutical products will be taken off the reimbursement list, following requests made by their manufacturers.
In September 2013, Helix BioPharma, a Toronto, Canada-based biopharmaceutical company, established a Polish subsidiary, Helix Polska, which aims to facilitate and support ongoing clinical oncology research at leading research institutions in Poland. Of note, establishing Helix Polska further strengthens Canadian-Polish relationships and scientific collaboration, which commenced in 2005, when Polish investors first became shareholders of Helix.
BMI Economic View: Polish economic indicators are showing tentative signs of improvement, giving weight to our expectations for a gradual economic rebound to take hold in the second half of 2013. Nonetheless, we reiterate that the recovery will be protracted, and primarily led by exports, with domestic demand unlikely to start showing strong signs of an improvement until 2014. Accordingly, the recovery remains strongly contingent upon sustained demand from Germany and other key trade partners. While we are modestly optimistic towards Germany's economic outlook, we see greater risks emerging from other European partners such as France, Italy and the Czech Republic, as well as slowing demand from China.
BMI Political View: We consider Poland's long-term political risk profile to be on an upward trajectory, reflecting the country's maturing political institutions and greater confidence in the conduct of external affairs. Solid macroeconomic fundamentals underpin our expectation for improvement over the long run. Nevertheless, Poland still faces significant challenges to political stability in its external relations and at home.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Pharmaceutical Market Forecast
- Table: Pharmaceutical Sales, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Healthcare Market Forecast
- Table: Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Table: Government Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Table: Private Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Prescription Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Prescription Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Patented Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Patented Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Generic Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Poland Generics Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: Over-The-Counter (OTC) Medicine Market Indicators, Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Pharmaceutical Trade Forecast
- Table: Pharmaceutical Trade Data And Forecasts (US$mn), 2009-2017
- Table: Pharmaceutical Trade Data And Forecasts (PLNmn), 2009-2017
- Economic Analysis
- Real GDP By Expenditure Breakdown
- Risks To Outlook
- Table: Poland - GDP by Expenditure
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Poland Risk/Reward Ratings
Industry Trends And Developments
- Healthcare Sector
- Hospital Infrastructure
- Ambulatory Infrastructure
- Table: Civilian Outpatient Facilities, 2002-2009
- Hospital Privatisation
- Health Insurance
- Distribution Channels
- Table: Cefarm's Financial Indicators, 2007-2010 (PLN mn)
- Research & Development
- Clinical Trials
- Medical Devices
- Advertising Regulations
- Other Regulatory Developments
- Intellectual Property Regime
- Pricing And Reimbursement Regime
- Reimbursement Regime Changes
- Pharmaceutical Sector
- Domestic Industry
- Foreign Industry
- Pharmaceutical Wholesale Sector
- Pharmaceutical Retail Sector
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.