2013-02-20 05:34:29 - New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Poland Telecommunications Report Q1 2013"
BMI View: Poland's position at the top of our Risk/Reward Ratings this quarter highlights the strong outlook for new services in the market, particularly the demand for data. Fixed and mobile operators are competing to cater to broadband demand, offering strong growth. The market's strong competition helps keep the country high in our assessment of the region's telecoms operators. Multi-play operators are becoming the norm in Poland, providing a wealth of cross platform content and fuelling the demand for high-speed-internet services over wireline and wireless platforms. The strategy for low-cost prepaid services to drive up connections has limited long-term prospects, we believe, and we expect a greater focus on the quality of subscribers in the medium- to long term.
- www.fastmr.com/prod/536534_poland_telecommunications_report_q1_2 ..
* ARPU decline remains strongest for T-Mobile, which concentrates on marketing services on the prepaid platform. This brought down the market share weighted average to PLN36 in Q312, down 10.2% y-o-y.
* Net additions remained strong in Q312, adding 790,000 new subscribers, with Orange and Polkomtel beginning to reverse their losses from earlier in 2012.
* All forecasts have been updated to 2017, highlighting strong growth for broadband services in the Polish market.
Key Trends And Developments
Our mobile forecasts remain muted over the five-year period 2013-2017, as we believe the strong growth in prepaid subscriptions in 2012 will eventually lead to declines. P4 and T-Mobile's strategies for driving market share have long-term implications for the companies' financial performance. BMI believes all operators in the market will increasingly focus on better quality subscribers.
Converged services look to be growing in the market, particularly through tie-ups between Aero2, Polkomtel and Cyfrowy Polsat. The companies have investment from local billionaire, Zygmut Solorz-Zak, and 2012 saw several deals and partnerships announced. BMI beileves this is good for market developments and particularly postitive for the companies involved.
Six companies were interested in the auction for five 1,800MHz frequency bands, it was announced in October 2012. Telecoms operators Polkomtel, Orange Poland, P4 and Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa as well as fixed-wireless provider Sferia and transmission wholesaler EmiTel all entered bids for the LTE-suitable frequencies.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Mobile Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mobile Operators' ARPU (PLN), 2010-2017
- Fixed Line
- Table: Fixed-Line Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Internet Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- CEE Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q113
- Regional Perspective
- Table: Poland Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2011
- Key Developments
- Mobile Growth
- Market Shares
- Table: Poland Wireless Market, September 2012
- Table: Poland Subscriber Mix And Market Shares, Q312
- Mobile Content
- Table: Poland Mobile Market Overview
- Table: T-Mobile
- Table: Polkomtel
- Table: Orange
- Fixed Line
- Key Developments
- Market Growth
- Netia And Dialog
- Greater Liberalisation
- Market Consolidation
- Mobile Broadband
- Converged Services Operator Tables
- Table: TPSA
- Table: Netia
- Table: UPC
- Table: Multimedia Polska
- Table: Cyfrowy Polsat
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Selected Market Developments
- Table: Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Regulatory Developments
- Table: Selected Regulatory Developments
- Table: Key Players
- Table: Selected Operators Financial Indicators (US$mn)
- Orange Poland
- T-Mobile (Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa)
- Polkomtel (Plus GSM)
- Regional Overview
- Ericsson Nikola Tesla
- Business Divisions
- Table: Revenue By Business Segment (HRK '000)
- Financial Performance
- Geographical Performance
- Table: Revenue By Geography (HRKmn)
- Domestic Market
- Export Markets
- Ericsson Market
- Table: Key Contracts, 2011-2012
- Poland Demographic Data
- Table: Poland's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Poland's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Poland's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Poland's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.