2012-09-12 12:05:17 - Portable Battery Powered Products: Global Markets - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
More than $423 billion worth of portable battery-powered products were sold in 2010, up from $410 billion sold in 2006. The market is estimated to reach $479.6 billion by the end of 2011, and will reach more than $611 billion by 2016, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5%.The communication/multi-functional segment accounts for roughly 30% of the total portable battery-powered product market. This segment is projected to reach nearly $141 billion in 2011 and will grow to $181.5 billion by 2016 at a CAGR of 5.2%.Computers are the second largest market segment with a 28% share. BCC forecasts this market segment will reach $133 billion by the end of 2011 and reach nearly $189 billion by 2016
at a CAGR of 7.2%.Report ScopeThis report organizes the portable product industry into the following market sectors:- Multi-functional
- Entertainment and publishing
- Toys and novelties
- MilitaryThis classifications structure recognizes the tremendous popularity of convergent multi-functional handheld devices that can combine cellular phones, Web browsers, computers, entertainment and publishing platforms, timepieces, and navigation aids.Each portable product market sector is defined, the leading companies for each sector are identified, and the market sectors are analyzed, with the inclusion of a 5-year market prediction. The following kinds of batteries are discussed:- Rechargeable
- - Nickel-cadmium (NICAD)
- - Nickel-metal hydride
- - Lithium (e.g., lithium-ion, lithium-polymer)
- - Specialty rechargeable (e.g., lead-acid, nickel-zinc, silver-zinc, silver-cadmium)
- - Zinc-carbon primary
- - Manganese zinc alkaline
- - Non-rechargeable lithium
- - Specialty non-rechargeable (e.g., zinc-air, silver oxide, magnesium)These battery power sources are also compared to two new portable power supplies: ultracapacitors and fuel cells. Again, each battery market sector is defined, the leading companies are identified, and the market is analyzed, with the inclusion of a 5-year market prediction. Finally, OEM and charging-station battery charger markets are analyzed.Portable product, battery, and battery charger companies are identified and profiled.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.