South Carolina Electric & Gas Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - New Study Released
2012-04-24 07:52:55 - Recently published research from GlobalData, "South Carolina Electric & Gas Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review", is now available at Fast Market Research
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company (SCE&G) is an electric utility company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of SCANA Corporation. The company actively participates in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity. It also focuses on the purchase, sale and transportation of natural gas. The company serves approximately
664,000 customers in South Carolina as of December 2011. Its electric service territory principally covers central, southern and southwestern portions of South Carolina. The key source of electricity used by SCE&G includes coal, nuclear, hydro, and natural gas and oil. The company serves various industries such as chemicals, educational services, lumber and wood products, paper products, food products, health services, and textile manufacturing, among others. Some of the major resale customers of the company include municipalities, other investor-owned utilities, electric cooperatives, registered marketers and federal and state electric agencies. SCE&G is headquartered in Cayce, South Carolina, the US.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/381401_south_carolina_electric_gas_company_s ..
The company with its nuclear generation activities focuses on the construction of its new nuclear units. In December 2011, SCE&G received an approval from Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for the design of Westinghouse AP1000 nuclear reactor. With this regulatory approval, the company anticipates to receive combined construction and operating licenses (COLs) for its two new nuclear units at V.C. Summer Nuclear Station.
South Carolina Electric & Gas Company Key Recent Developments
Feb 29, 2012: SCE&G Seeks Update To Construction And Capital Cost Schedules For New Nuclear Units
Dec 02, 2011: SCE&G And Boeing Complete 2.6 MW DC Rooftop Photovoltaic System In South Carolina
Nov 08, 2011: Westinghouse Selects Port Of Charleston For Nuclear Energy Project Moves
Oct 28, 2011: NRC Selects Rahsean Jackson As Senior Resident Inspector For Summer Nuclear Plant Construction Activities
Oct 27, 2011: SCANA Announces Management Changes
GlobalData's South Carolina Electric & Gas Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
* Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
* Corporate strategy - GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
* SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
* Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
* Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
* Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
* Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
* Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
* Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
* Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
* Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
* Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
* Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
* Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.