New Market Report Now Available: Shire Plc (SHP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
2012-04-25 16:23:41 - Fast Market Research recommends "Shire Plc (SHP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review" from GlobalData, now available
Shire Plc (SHP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Shire Plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company. The company is active in the research, development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products. The company provide range of product for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, human genetic therapies, gastrointestinal diseases and regenerative medicine as well as other therapeutic areas. Shire categorizes
its business operations into three reportable segments, namely, Specialty Pharmaceuticals (SP), human genetic therapies (HGT) and regenerative medicine (RM). The company, together with its subsidiaries and representative offices, operates in the US, Canada, Europe and Latin America. Shire is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
Shire focuses on developing treatment for rare and life-threatening diseases. Currently, it is looking forward for an approval from various regulatory authorities for the production of its products. Recently, Shire received an approval from European medicines agency's (EMA), a committee for medicinal products for human use, for the production of VPRIV (velaglucerase alfa) in its new manufacturing facility in Lexington, the US. In February 2012, Shire and Sangamo BioSciences, Inc., a leader in genome-editing technology, entered into a collaboration and license agreement to develop therapeutics for hemophilia and other monogenic diseases based on Sangamo's zinc finger DNA-binding protein (ZFP) technology.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/381231_shire_plc_shp_financial_and_strategic ..
Shire Plc Key Recent Developments
Feb 23, 2012: Shire Reports Revenue Of $4.3 Billion In 2011
Jan 09, 2012: Shire Partners With ICON For Clinical Research And Central Laboratory Services
Dec 15, 2011: Shire Announces Board And Committee Changes
Oct 28, 2011: Shire Reports Revenue Of $1.09 Billion In Q3 2011
Aug 31, 2011: Shire Presents Positive Data From Fabry And Gaucher Disease Studies That Continue To Support Patient Switches To REPLAGAL And VPRIV
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Shire Plc provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
* Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
* Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
* SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
* Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
* Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
* Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
* Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
* Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
* Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
* Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
* Key manufacturing facilities - A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
* Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
* Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
* The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
* The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
* Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
* Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
GlobalData is a leading provider of global business intelligence including market, competitor, product and customer information. It provides in-depth research, analysis, data and forecasts through a range of interactive online databases, reports and management briefings. GlobalData has a large team of experienced research and analysis, consulting, and marketing experts. It has a global presence, including key offices in the US, Europe and Asia. The group has over 50 years of experience of delivering market intelligence data and analysis and a highly experienced senior management team. View more research from GlobalData at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1015
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.