Uzbekistan Oil and Gas Report Q2 2012 - New Study Released
2012-05-04 15:41:27 - New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Uzbekistan Oil and Gas Report Q2 2012"
BMI View: Conventional gas deposits should enable the country to boost its output and exports, with some surplus gas apparently destined for a Sasol-operated GTL scheme. Oil volumes may depend, however, on the utilisation of shale deposits and in this area the outlook is far less certain.
The main trends and developments we highlight for Uzbekistan's Oil & Gas sector are:
* Uzbekistan has an estimated 340bn barrels (bbl) of oil shale deposits and Uzbekneftegaz, plans to establish a US$600mn joint venture (JV) project that will convert the oil shale into petroleum products. Production is predicted to start by 2013, with an annual capacity of 1mn tonnes of liquid hydrocarbons. (20,000b/d).
* Without early success in enhanced recovery, shale-based production and/or new field development, we believe crude oil supply will decline to 34,000 barrels per day (b/d) by 2014/15. However, the delivery of additional gas liquids volumes, thanks to the country's higher gas output, should more than compensate for this, pushing total liquids output back up to 71,000b/d by 2016.
* Sasol has signed an investment agreement with Petronas, Uzbekneftegaz and the Uzbek government for the development and implementation of a 30,000b/d gas-to-liquids (GTL) project in Uzbekistan. It is estimated that the total cost of the scheme will be around US$2.5bn.
* Our forecasts assume that gas output will increase from an estimated 65bn cubic metres (bcm) in 2011 to around 86bcm by 2016, with growth continuing beyond that point as the new fields enter production. Domestic demand is expected to rise from 48bcm to 55bcm during the period, so exports could reach almost 32bcm by 2016. Risk appears to be to the upside in terms of output forecasts, thanks to the combined efforts of domestic and international companies, plus infrastructure expansion and rising regional demand for Uzbek gas.
* Rising oil import costs are of increasing concern. Uzbekistan will have paid an estimated US$3.75bn in 2011 for net imports, but could be spending nearly US$5.0bn by 2016. The potential gas export revenues generated in 2016 are, however, forecasted at around US$14.62bn. For combined oil and gas revenues, the 2016 total could be US$9.67bn, against an estimated US$5.27bn in 2011.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/359661_uzbekistan_oil_and_gas_report_q2_2012 ..
Uzbekistan's dependence on energy prices leads to high volatility in the country's export revenues. Our assumptions of a slower growth in China, a faltering recovery in the US and a worsening Eurozone debt crisis, clearly pose a threat to global demand. As a result, we assume OPEC basket oil prices to fall from US$107.52 per barrel (bbl) in 2011 to US$99.38/bbl in 2012, thus creating a downside risk for the Uzbek macroeconomic outlook.
Report Table of Contents:
- Uzbekistan Oil and Gas SWOT
Global Energy Market Outlook
- Table: Libya Production Update - Main Fields (As Of Jan 9)
- Table: Global Oil Consumption, 2009-2016 ('000b/d)
- Table: Global Oil Production, 2009-2016 ('000b/d)
Regional Energy Market Outlook
Uzbekistan Energy Market Overview
- Table: Uzbekistan Upstream Projects Database
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Oil And Gas Reserves
- Table: Uzbekistan Oil & Gas Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2016
- Table: Uzbekistan Oil & Gas Long-term Forecasts, 2014-2016
- Oil Supply And Demand
- Gas Supply And Demand
- Refining And Oil Products Trade
- Revenues/Import Costs
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
Oil And Gas Infrastructure
- Oil Refineries
- Table: Refineries in Uzbekistan
- Oil Pipelines
- GTL Plants
- Gas Processing Plants
- Gas Storage Facilities
- Gas Pipelines
Regional and Country Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: CEE Upstream Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: CEE Downstream Risk/Reward Ratings
- Uzbekistan Upstream Rating - Overview
- Uzbekistan Upstream Rating - Rewards
- Uzbekistan Upstream Rating - Risks
- Uzbekistan Downstream Rating - Overview
- Executive Summary
- Table: Key Domestic And Foreign Companies
- Overview/State Role
- Government Policy
- Licensing Rounds
- International Energy Relations
- Table: Key Upstream Players
- Table: Key Downstream Players
- Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC) - Summary
- Petronas - Summary
- China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) - Summary
- Tethys Petroleum - Summary
- Sasol - Summary
- Oil Exploration Operations Company - Summary
- Zeromax - Summary
- PetroVietnam - Summary
Central And Eastern Europe - Regional Appendix
- Table: Oil Consumption, 2009-2016 ('000b/d)
- Table: Oil Consumption Long- Term Forecasts, 2014-2021 ('000b/d)
- Table: Oil Production, 2009-2016 ('000b/d)
- Table: Oil Production Long-Term Forecasts, 2014-2021 ('000b/d)
- Table: Refining Capacity, 2009-2016 ('000b/d)
- Table: Refining Capacity Long Term Forecasts, 2014-2021 ('000b/d)
- Table: Gas Consumption, 2009-2016 (bcm)
- Table: Gas Consumption Long-Term Forecasts, 2014-2021 (bcm)
- Table: Gas Production, 2009-2016 (bcm)
- Table: Gas Production Long-Term Forecasts, 2014-2021 (bcm)
- Table: LNG Gas Exports, 2009-2016 (bcm)
Methodology And Risks To Forecasts
Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
Oil And Gas Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Ratings Overview
- Table: BMI's Oil & Gas Business Environment Ratings - Structure
- Table: BMI's Oil & Gas Upstream Ratings - Methodology
- Table: BMI's Oil & Gas Business Environment Downstream Ratings - Methodology
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Energy Industry
- Cross checks
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.