Just Released: "Cambodia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2012"
2012-11-17 07:27:02 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Cambodia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
Lacklustre efforts by the government to boost healthcare means that the Cambodia will be the least attractive to pharmaceutical investors as compared to its South East Asian peers as the population are unable to afford new treatments. Over the longer term we expect such trends to change and active participation in the Association of Southeast Asia Nations (ASEAN) Economic Community
will boost its attractiveness.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: KHR718bn (US$178mn) in 2011 to KHR806bn (US$193mn) in 2012; +12.2% in local currency terms and +8.8% in US dollar terms. Growth forecast unchanged from Q312, although we have adjusted the absolute value following reassessment of the market size.
* Healthcare: KHR2,982bn (US$737mn) in 2011 to KHR3,312bn (US$794mn) in 2012; +11.1% in local currency terms and +7.8% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q312.
* Medical Devices: KHR108bn (US$27mn) in 2011 to KHR118bn (US$28mn) in 2011; +9.8% in local currency terms and +6.6% in US dollar terms. Forecast unchanged from Q312.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/499807_cambodia_pharmaceuticals_healthcare_r ..
Risk/Reward Rating: Cambodia remains last out of the18 key markets in BMI's Q412 Asia Pacific Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings with a score of 33.5, significantly lower than the regional average of 53.3. Near-term risks includes rampant corruption and poor healthcare provision although its membership in the ASEAN can boost its long-term attractiveness. Key Trends And Developments
* In August 2012, a Chinese medical delegation comprising seven traditional Chinese medical doctors will offer five free clinic services in two cities of Cambodia - Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. The free clinic services aim to help local patients through Chinese traditional treatments, said Zhou Xiaobao, the delegation head.
* In July 2012, DKSH Healthcare and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) have signed an agreement under which DKSH Healthcare will distribute GSK's pharmaceutical and vaccine products in Cambodia.
BMI Economic View: Cambodia's high dollarisation rate, estimated to be 80%, should gradually fall over the coming years as market-friendly economic policies inspire more confidence in the domestic currency. This, in turn, should leave the economy less exposed to external shocks.
BMI Political View; Cambodia's long-term political outlook largely depends on the ruling Cambodian People's Party (CPP)'s ability to address widespread corruption and income inequality, which have been fuelling public dissent against the government in recent years. Meanwhile, the lack of effective opposition to challenge the CPP at elections suggests that the party will continue to dominate the political scene over the coming years.
Report Table of Contents:
- Cambodia Pharmaceuticals And Healthcare Industry SWOT
Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Ratings, Q412
- Intellectual Property Environment
- Counterfeit Medicines
- Pricing And Reimbursement
Industry Trends And Developments
- Healthcare Sector
- Health Insurance
- Research & Development Sector
- Clinical Trials
- Medical Devices
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Overall Market Forecast
- Table: Pharmaceutical Sales Indicators 2008-2016
- Key Growth Factors - Industry
- Table: Healthcare Expenditure Indicators 2008-2016
- Table: Healthcare Governmental Indicators 2008-2016
- Table: Healthcare Private Indicators 2008-2016
- Key Growth Drivers - Macroeconomic
- Table: Cambodia - Economic Activity, 2011-2016
- Medical Device Market Forecast
- Table: Medical Devices Sales Indicators 2008-2016
- Pharmaceutical Trade Forecast
- Table: Exports and Imports Indicators 2008-2016
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pharmaceutical Company Developments
- Pharmaceutical Wholesale
- Pharmaceutical Retail
- Local Companies
- PharmaProduct Manufacturing (PPM)
- Cambodia Pharmaceutical Enterprise
- Multinational Companies
- Table: Cambodia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Cambodia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Cambodia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Cambodia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Pharmaceutical Industry Forecasts
- Pharmaceuticals Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Ratings Overview
- Table: Pharmaceutical Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.