"Asian Cities Wealth Book 2012 " Published
2012-11-23 10:13:18 - New Financial Services research report from WealthInsight is now available from Fast Market Research
This report covers 13 Asia Pacific countries, focusing on the UHNWI populations and UHNWI growth rates (2007-2011) in over 100 cities in the region.
* As of 2011, there are approximately 2.6 million HNWIs in the APAC region, with a combined wealth of US$10.6 trillion. This equates to 15.6% of the worldwide HNWI population (16.8 million people).
the end of 2011, 49% of APAC HNWIs were based in China (1,280,000 HNWIs). Australia accounted for 274,000 HNWIs (10.4% of APAC), followed by India with 251,000 HNWIs, Hong Kong with 185,000 HNWIs, South Korea with 157,000 HNWIs and Singapore with 151,000 HNWIs.
* APAC UHNWIs performed well over the review period, rising by 31% from 18,210 in 2007 to over 23,800 individuals in 2011. This equates to 19.6% of the total worldwide UHNWI volume (122,000 individuals) in 2011.
* At the end of 2011, 33% of APAC UHNWIs were based in China (7,905 UHNWIs). Singapore accounted for 3,154 UHNWIs (13.2% of APAC), followed by Hong Kong with 2,560 UHNWIs and Australia with 2,460 UHNWIs.
* At the end of 2011, Singapore was the largest APAC city in terms of UHNWIs (3,154), followed by Hong Kong with 2,560, Beijing with 1,318, Seoul with 1,302, Taipei with 1,255 and Shanghai with 1,028.
* Over the period from 2007 to 2011, the fastest growing APAC city was Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam (157% growth), followed by Surabaya in Indonesia (130% growth). Notably, seven on the top ten fastest growing cities were located in Indonesia.
* Jakarta was the top performing major city with UHNWI growth of 116%. Mumbai and Hangzhou numbers also increased substantially, by 59% and 57% respectively.
Full Report Details at
The report features:
* HNWI and UHNWI trends from 2007 to 2011 for each APAC country
* HNWI and UHNWI forecasts to 2016 for each APAC country
* Number of UHNWIs in each APAC city at the end of 2011
* Fastest growing APAC cities for UHNWIs between 2007 and 2011
* Case Studies on: APAC's wealth management industry, Australian Single Family Offices and Wealth Management in Singapore
Reasons to Purchase
* The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises profiles on major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each country.
* The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database also includes up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWIs from around the world.
* With the database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bank of Singapore, Citibank, Credit Suisse, DBS Bank, Far Eastern Bank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, ING Asia Private Bank, Julius Baer Group, Lombard Odier Darier, Morgan Stanley, OCBC Bank, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation, Singapore Island Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, UBS, United Overseas Bank
Partial Table of Contents:
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Benchmarking APAC Wealth in Context
2.1 Distribution of General Wealth
2.2 Asset Performance
2.2.1 Currency Performance
2.2.2 Stock Market Performance
2.2.3 Real Estate Performance
2.2.4 Real Estate Indices
2.3 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
2.4 UHNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
3 Findings from the WealthInsight HNWI Database
3.1 APAC Countries by HNWIs
3.2 APAC Countries by UHNWIs
3.3 APAC Countries by UHNWI growth
3.4 Top 20 APAC Cities for UHNWIs
3.5 Other Major APAC Cities for UHNWIs
3.6 Emerging APAC Cities for UHNWIs
3.7 Fastest Growing Cities for UHNWIs
3.8 UHNWI Population Densities
4 Country Profiles
4.1.1 UHNWIs - Sources of wealth
4.1.2 UHNWIs - Industry performance
4.1.3 UHNWIs - Importance of Entrepreneurship
4.1.4 UHNWIs - demographic breakdown by region
4.1.5 UHNWIs - State and city performance
4.1.6 UHNWIs - Forecasts
4.1.7 UHNWIs - WealthInsight ratings
4.2.1 Indian UHNWIs - breakdown by city
4.2.2 Indian city performance
4.2.3 Indian city forecasts
4.3.1 Chinese UHNWIs - breakdown by region
4.3.2 Chinese city performance
4.3.3 Chinese city forecasts
4.4.1 UHNWI breakdown by city
4.4.2 UHNWIs - city performance
4.4.3 UHNWIs - population densities
4.4.4 UHNWIs - city forecasts
4.5 South Korea
4.7 New Zealand
5 Case Studies
5.1 Case Study 1: APAC's Wealth Management Industry
5.2 Case Study 2: Australian Single Family Offices
5.3 Case Study 3: Wealth Management in Singapore
5.3.1 Wealth management and private banking industry - competitive structure
5.3.2 Multinational banks
5.3.3 Local banks
5.3.4 Wealth managers
5.3.5 Private banks
5.3.6 Mergers and joint ventures
5.3.7 Boutique and independent financial advisors
5.3.8 Private trusts
5.3.9 Family offices
5.3.10 Multi-family offices
5.3.11 Single-family offices
5.3.12 Singapore: An international offshore hub
6 About WealthInsight
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: APAC: Individual Wealth per Country, 2011
Full Table of Contents is available at:
WealthInsight provides detailed data and insightful analysis on the global wealth sector. With decades of experience providing business information, they help organizations in the wealth industry make informed decisions, position themselves more effectively and uncover and capitalize on opportunities to win new business. View more research from WealthInsight at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1036
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.