Emerging Opportunities in Saudi Arabia's Cards and Payments Industry - New Study Published
2013-01-28 07:49:29 - Fast Market Research recommends "Emerging Opportunities in Saudi Arabia's Cards and Payments Industry: Market Size, Trends and Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape" from Timetric, now available
The Saudi Arabian banking system is well capitalized and consists largely of commercial banks. In April 2012, the international monitory fund (IMF) stated that there were 23 licensed banks in operation in the country. Compared to other Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) countries, the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry is considered, by MasterCard's 2012 consumer confidence survey, to be extremely
optimistic. It offers credit, debit, prepaid and charge cards to corporations and consumers. During the review period (2008-2012), nominal growth at a CAGR of 11.79% was experienced within the cards and payments industry. It is predicted to register a CAGR of 12.19% over the forecast period (2013-2017).
The debit and charge card categories are anticipated to post nominal growth over the forecast period. The prepaid card category is expected to post a CAGR of 19.05% while the credit card category is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.46%. The prepaid and credit card categories are anticipated to be key industry drivers. The debit card category is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.11% and the charge card category is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.30% over the forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/531263_emerging_opportunities_in_saudi_arabi ..
* The Saudi Arabian banking system is well capitalized and consists largely of commercial banks. In April 2012, the international monitory fund (IMF) stated that there were 23 licensed banks in operation in the country. Compared to other Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) countries, the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry is considered, by MasterCard's 2012 consumer confidence survey, to be extremely
* The Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry recorded a CAGR of 11.79% during the review period. In terms of transaction value, the industry increased from SAR430.4 billion (USD114.9 billion) in 2008 to SAR820.4 billion (USD218.8 billion) in 2012. Economic growth is anticipated to benefit the industry and provide positive growth potential for banking and non-banking card issuers operating in the country.
* Saudi Arabia is ranked as having the second largest market in e-commerce sales in the Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) countries after United Arab Emirates (UAE) and, more importantly, represents the biggest retail sector in the region, with the promise of huge growth in e-commerce. In December 2011, there were around 13 million internet users with a 49% penetration level of the entire Saudi Arabian population. Total e-commerce sales were recorded at USD3.5 billion in 2011, with 14% growth in online sales.
* Saudi Arabia has the second largest retail sector among all GCC countries and recorded SAR285.1 billion (USD76.1 billion) in 2011. The wholesale and retail sector accounts for 21.5% of overall private sector employment.
* Al Rajhi Bank was the leading bank in terms of debit card issuance volume in 2011, which accounted for 26.6% of the total volume of debit cards in 2011.
* In 2011, five major banks in the credit card category were Al Rajhi Bank, Samba financial group, Saudi British Bank, Riyad Bank and Arab National Bank. These banks collectively accounted for 67.2% share of the industry in terms of card volume.
* This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
* It provides current values for the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry for 2012, and forecast figures for 2017.
* It details the different macroeconomic, infrastructural, consumer and business drivers affecting the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
* It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
* It details the marketing strategies used by various bankers and other institutions.
* It profiles the major banks in the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
Reasons to Purchase
* Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
* Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
* Assess the competitive dynamics in the Saudi Arabian cards and payments industry.
* Gain insights in to the marketing strategies used for selling various types of cards in the Saudi Arabian market.
* Gain insights into key regulations governing the Saudi Arabian cards and payment industry.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Al Rajhi Bank, The Saudi British Bank, Samba financial group, Google, Gemalto,
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.