Just Released: "Slovakia Oil & Gas Report Q1 2013"
2013-02-03 16:37:16 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Slovakia Oil & Gas Report Q1 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI View: As a net importer of energy, Slovakia faces the challenge of securing long-term gas supplies without becoming too dependent on Russia. Linking its gas network to others in the region is therefore a priority, as it will allow for more flexibility when negotiating gas purchases. Reduced nuclear power usage points to a greater reliance on gas, until sufficient
renewables capacity can be established. However, efforts to raise domestic gas prices are being resisted by the government, which may reduce the attractiveness of the Slovak gas sector to foreign investors.
The key trends and developments in Slovakia's oil and gas sector are:
* According to Reuters, the Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico said in October 2012 that his government will hold up plans by GDF Suez and E.ON Ruhrgas to sell a minority stake in national gas transport firm Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP) in order to make it give up its demand to increase prices in 2013. The French and German firms are in talks to sell their 49% stake in SPP to privately-held Czech firm Energeticky a Prumyslovy Holding (EPH). Permission to sell is being withheld after SPP refused to withdraw a proposal to increase enduser gas prices by 18.5-25.4% in 2013. Under our forecast Slovakia will consume 8.6bn cubic metres (bcm) of gas by 2017, virtually all of which will be imported. We believe this will rise to 9.9bcm by the end of our forecast period in 2021.
* Slovakia and Hungary have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to launch an EUsupported gas interconnector pipeline between the two countries. Eustream has come to an understanding with its Hungarian counterpart Orszagos Villamostavvezetek, and will commit to the 71-mile pipeline. It is hoped work on the project will begin in 2013, with commissioning due in January 2015.
* The operators of Poland and Slovakia's gas networks have selected a contractor to study a planned gas link that would be part of a corridor joining liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals in Poland and Croatia. Poland's Gaz-System and Eustream aim to boost energy security in Central and South East Europe by creating a regional gas market and diversifying away from Russian supplies. If everything goes to plan, the connection could be operational in 2017.
* Slovak oil consumption is forecast to rise steadily, keeping pace with underlying GDP growth over the near term and accelerating as the number of cars on the road increases. We believe that oil consumption will reach at least 102,000 barrels per day (b/d) by 2021; this volume will be imported, largely from Russia. Domestic crude production is predicted to be as low as 3.3mn barrels (bbl) a year by the end of the forecast period in 2021, reflecting the decline of mature fields and the slow progress in locating and developing new reservoirs. Taking into account refinery processing gains, overall liquids production is likely to be around 8,900b/d by 2021.
* In 2012, oil imports are expected to cost around US$2.8bn. By 2017, the cost will also be around US$2.8bn, rising to US$3.1bn by 2021. The BMI OPEC basket oil price assumptions are US$107.05/bbl for 2012, US$93.30/bbl in 2017 and US$91.50/bbl in 2021. Gas imports in 2017 add an estimated US$4.0bn to the import bill, which we expect to rise to US$4.5bn by 2021. Combined oil and gas export costs are therefore estimated at US$6.8bn in 2017 and US$7.6bn in 2021.
Full Report Details at
Partial Table of Contents:
- Slovakia Oil & Gas SWOT
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Oil And Gas Reserves
- Table: Slovakia Proven Oil & Gas Reserves And Total Petroleum Data, 2010-2016
- Table: Slovakia Proven Oil & Gas Reserves And Total Petroleum Data, 2015-2021
- Oil Supply And Demand
- Table: Slovakia Oil Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2010-2016
- Table: Slovakia Oil Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2015-2021
- Gas Supply And Demand
- Table: Slovakia Gas Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2010-2016
- Table: Slovakia Gas Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2015-2021
- Refining And Oil Products Trade
- Table: Slovakia Refining - Production And Consumption, 2010-2016
- Table: Slovakia Refining - Production and Consumption, 2015 - 2021
- Revenues/Import Costs
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
Country Risk/Reward Ratings
- Slovakia Upstream Rating - Overview
- Slovakia Upstream Rating - Rewards
- Slovakia Upstream Rating - Risks
- Slovakia Downstream Rating - Overview
Regional Risk/Reward Rating
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Upstream Risk/Reward Rating
- Table: CEE Downstream Risk/Reward Ratings
Slovakia Energy Market Overview
- Overview/State Role
- Licensing And Regulation
- Government Policy
- International Energy Relations
Oil And Gas Infrastructure
- Oil Refineries
- Table: Refineries In Slovakia
- Service Stations
- Oil Storage Facilities
- Oil Pipelines
- Gas Storage Facilities
- Gas Pipelines
- Executive Summary
- Table: Key Players - Slovak Oil And Gas Sector
- Table: Key Downstream Players
- OMV Slovakia
- Slovensky Plynarensky Priemysel (SPP) - Summary
- Transpetrol - Summary
- JKX Oil And Gas - Summary
- Royal Dutch Shell - Summary
- BP - Summary
- Nafta - Summary
- Aurelian Oil and Gas - Summary
Regional Energy Market Outlook
Global Energy Market Outlook
- Table: Global Oil Demand Forecasts - A Comparison
Central And Eastern Europe - Regional Appendix
- Table: Oil Consumption - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2016 ('000b/d)
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.