"Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2013" now available at Fast Market Research
2013-02-28 12:17:02 - New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI View: We expect difficult trading conditions to persist in many segments of Bulgaria's consumer electronics market in 2013. Retail sales remained in negative territory for much of 2012; however, we expect fiscal policy to be broadly supportive of household consumption ahead of planned elections in 2013.
Declining house prices, which create a negative wealth effect and extremely low consumer confidence
(at -40.5% in May) are set to keep household spending subdued in the coming months. However growing affordability will drive consumer electronics purchases, with prices of key products such as notebooks and LCD TV sets dropping considerably. Growth areas will include smartphones, TV sets and tablets, with Bulgaria's migration to digital broadcast helping to boost sales in the AV segment.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer sales: US$697mn in 2012 to US$728mn in 2013, +4% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms upwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors and upgrades to Windows 8 devices will create growth areas.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541154_bulgaria_consumer_electronics_report_ ..
AV sales: US$381mn in 2012 to US$397mn in 2013, +4% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with TV sets expected to provide the most dynamic development.
Handset sales: US$264mn in 2012 to US$290mn in 2013, +10% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with smartphones the main revenue growth driver.
Risk/Reward Rating: Bulgaria's score was 40.7 out of 100.0. BMI expects rising penetration of consumer electronics devices such as smartphones and flat-screen TV sets and the country is in a favourable position to continue to improve its current sixth place ranking over time.
Key Trends & Developments
* BMI expects PC sales in 2013 to report An improvement on 2012, with Windows 8 based devices helping to encourage upgrades. Moreover, there should be a consolidation of prices, as vendors promote higher-end models. Tablets enjoyed rapid growth in the Bulgarian market, with a 50-fold increase in sales of the devices at the Multirama chain of consumer electronics retail stores.
* Bulgaria's transition towards digital TV will reach an important milestone on September 1, 2013 when the country is due to switch off analogue broadcasting, and this should provide a boost to the AV market. The main AV growth area will be digital products such as flat-panel TV sets, which have become increasingly popular with consumers. As overall TV set sales have fallen, vendors and retailers have looked to product innovation to support revenue, with the introduction of LED-backlit TV sets, 3D TV and smart TV sets.
* Smartphones's share of revenue is projected to equal that of feature phones by 2013, and to reach 70% by the end of the forecast period. The share of subscribers to Bulgarian mobile operator Vivacom's network that use smartphones has passed 50%.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2010-2017
- Industry Developments
- Economic Outlook
- Table: Bulgaria - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Eurozone Crisis Eases Risk Outlook
- Table: CEE Consumer Electronics Risk/Reward Rating, Q213
- Table: PC Sales, 2010-2017
- Table: AV Sales, 2010-2017
- Mobile Devices
- Table: Mobile Communications, 2010-2017
- Mobile Devices
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Bulgaria Distributors For Leading Brands
- Technomarket Domo
- Table: Bulgaria's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Bulgaria's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Bulgaria's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Bulgaria's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Electronics Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.