2013-12-06 14:45:29 - Rising Prevalence and Strong Uptake of Recent Approvals to Drive Robust Growth to 2019
GBI Research has released the pharmaceutical report "Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market to 2019 - ". The recent approval of a number of highly effective drugs, including Zytiga and Xtandi, has provided late-stage patients with a number of options and increased survival times by a number of months. These recent approvals are anticipated to generate strong revenues during the forecast following increasing uptake by physicians as the treatment algorithm shifts towards their first-line usage over Taxotere. Additionally, a very large late-stage pipeline is anticipated to produce a number of new market entrants which are superior to existing products. Overall, this is anticipated to drive rapid market growth from $4.1 billion in 2012 to $8.0 billion by 2019 at a CAGR of
* A brief introduction to prostate cancer, including the disease's pathogenesis, risk factors, diagnosis, staging and treatment algorithms for each stage.
* In-depth analysis of drugs available for the treatment of prostate cancer, including analyses of their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns and strengths/weaknesses. Includes a heat map comparing the drugs in terms of safety and efficacy.
* Comprehensive review of the pipeline for prostate cancer therapies, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market in the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule types and molecular targets, program type.
* Additional in-depth analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials by phase, molecule type, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate analyses for each molecule type and mechanism of action.
* Multi-scenario forecast data of the market to 2019, taking into account how it will be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs and the changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets including the US, Japan, Germany, the UK, France, Italy and Spain.
* Discussion of the drivers and barriers for market growth.
* Discussion of the licensing and co-development deals landscape in prostate cancer, Includes an analysis of licensing deals by stage of development, molecule type and mechanism of action. Also includes an analysis of both licensing and co-development deals by year and value and network maps of licensing and co-development deals.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/739008_prostate_cancer_therapeutics_market_t ..
Reasons to Get this Report
* Understand the different levels of prostate cancer therapies, from early-stage prostate cacner to metastatic and castrate-resistant prostate cancer.
* Understand the vast scope and diversity of the pipeline, including which molecule types and mechanisms of action are prominent.
* Observe the trends in clinical trial duration and size amongst clinical Phases, between molecule types and mechanisms of action, and use the clinical trial failure rate analysis to assess the risk profiles of current and/or future developmental programs for prostate cancer therapeutics.
* Assess the potential clinical and commercial impact of current late-stage pipeline molecules on the prostate cancer therapeutics market.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.1 Pathophysiology and Etiology
2.3 Disease Progression
3 Marketed Products
3.1 Hormonal Therapies
3.1.1 Zoladex (Goserelin) - AstraZeneca
3.1.2 Lupron Depot (Leuprolide acetate) - Abbvie
3.1.4 Firmagon (degarelix) - Ferring
3.1.5 Casodex (Bicalutamide)
3.2 Chemotherapy agents
3.2.1 Taxotere (Docetaxel) - Sanofi
3.2.2 Jevtana (Cabazitaxel) - Sanofi
3.3 Therapeutic Vaccines
3.3.1 Provenge (sipuleucel-T) - Dendreon
3.4 Targeted therapies (Second Generation Anti-androgens)
3.4.1 Zytiga (Abiraterone acetate) - Janssen
3.4.2 Xtandi (Enzalutamide) - Astellas/Medivation
3.5 Bone Metastasis Treatments
3.5.1 Xofigo (Radium 223) - Bayer/Algeta
3.5.2 Xgeva (denosumab) - Amgen
3.5.3 Zometa (zoledronic acid) - Novartis
3.6 Heat Map for Marketed Products
4 Prostate Cancer Developmental Pipeline
4.1 Overall Pipeline
4.2 Mechanisms of Action
4.3 Clinical Trials
4.3.1 Attrition Rate
4.4 Key Late-Stage Pipeline Molecules
4.4.1 Cometriq (Cabozantinib) - Exelixis
4.4.2 OGX-011 (custirsen sodium) - Teva
4.4.3 TAK-700 (orteronel) - Takeda
4.4.4 ProstAtak (AdvTk+ valcyclovir) - Advantagene
4.4.5 ProstVac - Bavarian Nordic
4.4.6 Tasquinimod - Active Biotech
4.4.7 Yervoy (Ipilimumab) - Bristol-Myers Squibb
4.4.8 ARN-509 - Aragon Pharmaceuticals, Johnson and Jonhson
5 Market Forecast to 2019
5.1.1 Treatment Usage Patterns
5.1.2 Market Size
5.2 North America
5.3 Five European Markets
5.3.1 Treatment Usage Patterns
5.3.2 Annual Cost of Therapy
5.3.3 Market Size
5.4.1 Treatment Usage Patterns
5.4.2 Market Size
6 Prostate Cancer Therapeutics: Drivers and Barriers
6.1.1 Major Unmet Treatment Needs of Late Stage Prostate Cancer Patients
6.1.2 Increasing Disease Population
6.1.3 New Drugs Entering the Market
6.1.4 Rapid and Robust Uptake of Recently Approved High-Cost Therapies
6.1.5 Rapid Inflation Rate for Specialty Pharmaceutical Products in the US
6.1.6 Market Capture of Previously Untreated Patient Segments
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About GBI Research
GBI Research provides industry-leading global business intelligence solutions. Their products and services help companies make better business decisions, win business and position themselves more effectively. GBI Research publishes more than 100 research reports each year across a wide range of industries. These reports draw on in-depth primary and secondary research, databases of proprietary in-house data and high quality analysis from their expert teams. GBI Research employs hundreds of highly qualified Analysts across the US, Europe and Asia. View more research from GBI Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1016
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.