2013-12-04 03:17:39 - Early Stage Innovation Points to Disease Modifying Therapies and Market Transformation
GBI Research has released its pharmaceuticals report, "Alzheimer's Disease Therapeutics Market to 2019 - ". The Alzheimer's Disease (AD) market is characterized by a lack of products with strong disease-modifying properties and a number of high-profile product failures in late stages of development over recent years. In addition, recent or impending patent expiries for all of the four currently marketed products and a late-stage pipeline with limited-to-moderate prospects are expected to impede growth over the next few years. In the medium-term future, the market is expected to be characterized by substantial generic competition and overall decline. However, the current development pipeline shows signs of meaningful innovation, although the vast majority of these products are currently in the early stages of
development. Despite one of the highest drug attrition rates across the industry, a number of innovative and potentially disease-modifying therapeutics are likely to enter the market and translate recent insights into the etiology of AD combined with an earlier therapeutic intervention into better products, which will begin to transform the AD market towards the end of the decade.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/739007_alzheimers_disease_therapeutics_marke ..
* A brief introduction to AD etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment regimes
* Profiling of the marketed products in the AD market, including analysis of their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns, and strengths and weaknesses
* Comprehensive review of the pipeline for AD therapies, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market during the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule type, and molecular target.
* Additional in-depth analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials, analyzed by phase, molecule type, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate, for each molecule type and mechanism of action
* Multi-scenario forecast data for the market to 2019, taking into account how it will be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs, and changes in disease epidemiology across the key developed markets of the US, Japan, Germany, the UK, France, Italy and Spain
* Discussion of the drivers of and barriers to market growth
* Analysis of the licensing and co-development deals landscape
Reasons to Get this Report
* Understand the different levels of AD therapies, from early-stage or mild AD to severe AD
* Understand the vast scope of the pipeline, including which molecule types and mechanisms of action are prominent
* Observe trends in terms of clinical trial duration and size among clinical phases and molecule types, and use the clinical trial failure rate analysis to assess the risk profiles of current and/or future developmental programs for AD therapeutics
* Assess the potential clinical and commercial impact of current late-stage pipeline molecules on the AD therapeutics market
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.3.2 Tau Hyperphosphorylation
2.5.1 Physical Examination
2.5.2 Mini Mental State Exam
2.5.3 Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale-cognitive
2.5.4 Alzheimer's Disease Co-operative Study - Activities of Daily Living Inventory
2.5.5 Other Diagnostic Tests
2.5.6 Blood Tests
2.5.7 Imaging Tests
2.5.8 Lumbar Puncture
2.5.9 Disease Biomarkers
2.5.10 Biomarker Market
2.7 Treatment Options
2.7.1 Treatment Algorithm
2.7.2 Non-Pharmacological Treatments
3 Marketed Products
3.1 Namenda/Axura/Memary (memantine), Merz Pharma/Lundbeck/Forest Laboratories/Daiichi Sankyo
3.2 Aricept (donepezil), Eisai Inc.
3.3 Exelon (rivastigmine), Novartis AG
3.4 Razadyne (galantamine), Janssen Pharmaceuticals
3.5 Cognex (tacrine), Shiniogi Inc.
3.6 Unmet Need
4 Pipeline for Alzheimer's Disease Therapeutics
4.1 Overall Pipeline
4.2 Mechanisms of Action within the AD Pipeline
4.3 Clinical Trials
4.3.1 Clinical Trial Failure Rate
4.3.2 Clinical Trial Size
4.3.3 Clinical Trial Duration
4.4 Notable Pipeline Drugs
4.4.1 Solanezumab - Eli Lilly and Company
4.4.2 LMTX (Methylene Blue) - TauRX Therapeutics Ltd.
4.4.3 RG-1540 (gantenerumab) - Roche
4.4.4 AD-02 - AFFiRiS AG
4.4.5 MK-8931 - Merck & Co.
4.4.6 CAD-106 - Novartis AG
4.4.7 LuAE58054 - Lundbeck
4.4.8 Crenezumab (RG7412) - Genentech
5 Market Forecast to 2019
5.1 Geographical Markets
5.1.1 Key Developed Markets
5.1.3 Leading Five EU Countries (EU5)
5.2 Drivers and Barriers
6 Deals and Strategic Consolidations
6.1 Key Licensing Deals
6.1.1 Forest Laboratories Inc. Enters into Agreement with Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc.
6.1.2 AC Immune SA Enters into an Agreement with Genentech Inc.
6.1.3 Cephalon Inc. Enters into Agreement with Mesoblast Limited
6.1.4 Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc. Enters into Agreement with Biovail Laboratories International SRL
6.1.5 Astellas Pharma Inc. enters into Agreement with CoMentis Inc.
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About GBI Research
GBI Research provides industry-leading global business intelligence solutions. Their products and services help companies make better business decisions, win business and position themselves more effectively. GBI Research publishes more than 100 research reports each year across a wide range of industries. These reports draw on in-depth primary and secondary research, databases of proprietary in-house data and high quality analysis from their expert teams. GBI Research employs hundreds of highly qualified Analysts across the US, Europe and Asia. View more research from GBI Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1016
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.