2012-10-27 18:28:46 - New Consumer Goods market report from Business Monitor International: "Caribbean Tourism Report Q4 2012"
The Caribbean Tourism Report examines the enormous long-term potential of the market, given its reputation as a major tourism destination, but analyses the impact of a slowdown in Europe - one of its major markets - especially as the Caribbean is a relatively expensive holiday destination. www.fastmr.com/prod/479391_caribbean_tourism_report_q4_2012.aspx
The report examines how best to maximise returns in the Caribbean tourism market, capitalising on the region's wide variety of tourism destinations and well developed tourism infrastructure. The report also assesses differences between the key island groupings and which are recovering more swiftly.
We also analyse the key players in the Caribbean market, both domestic and foreign, and the development strategies they are employing to maximise returns during the economic slowdown.
Full Report Details at
Data released by the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) in July 2012 showed the region experiencing a mixed first half of the year. Eight countries have so far reported full first-half arrivals data and of those, all but one country (Barbados) registered positive growth. This ranged from high levels of growth in Guyana, Belize and the Dominican Republic - 17.9% year-on-year (y-o-y), 8.5% and 7.7% yo- y respectively - to lower growth, such as 1.6% y-o-y in Martinique.
This is a positive start to the year, given that low season began in March/April, and will have pulled down the average for first-half growth. With the hurricane season (June to October) now approaching, tourism in the hurricane zone countries is likely to remain subdued until the traditional high season begins again in October and in the run-up to Christmas. BMI remains positive regarding the region's growth prospects in 2012, although we caution that the European economic slowdown will continue to hinder efforts to return to pre-2008 levels of tourism growth.
Focus On Belize
The small country of Belize is on the very edge of the Caribbean, located on the eastern seaboard of the Central American isthmus, bordering Mexico and Guatemala. The English-speaking country is a member of the Caribbean Community (Caricom) and a popular stop-off location for cruise ships moving from the central Caribbean to Mexico and the US. Belize's geographical variety and proximity to the US are making it an increasingly attractive location for US tourists. In addition, Belize's constitutional links to the UK means that it benefits from good air links, facilitating tourism from the UK as well. As a result, tourist arrivals to Belize rose by an impressive 8.5% y-o-y in the first six months of 2012, making it one of the Caribbean countries experiencing highest levels of growth so far in 2012.
Key Changes Made
* BMI analyses the tourist arrivals across the Caribbean for the first half of 2012, assessing the drivers behind strong performance in some markets and weaker in others.
* BMI looks at the expanding hotel industry across the region, as groups such as Marriott plan to increase their presence in the Caribbean.
* BMI examines the financial performance of troubled Caribbean Airlines and the impact that the purchase of Air Jamaica has had on its financial standing.
Report Table of Contents:
- Caribbean Tourism SWOT
- Caribbean Political SWOT
- Caribbean Economic SWOT
- Caribbean Business Environment SWOT
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Arrivals And Accommodation
- Table: Arrivals And Accommodation, 2009-2016 ('000)
- Table: Tourist Expenditure, 2009-2016
- Table: Tourist Arrivals And Expenditure On Individual Islands, 2009-2016 ('000, unless stated)
- Focus: Belize
Market Overview - Travel
- Commercial Airlines
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI Oil Price Forecasts, 2011-2016
Market Overview - Hospitality
- Cruise Industry
- Table: Cruise Passenger Arrivals, 2010-2011
- Luxury Hotels
- Table: Global Assumptions, 2010-2016
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Table: Developed Market Exchange Rates, 2010-2013
- Table: Emerging Market Exchange Rates, 2010-2013
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets Real GDP Growth, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Caribbean Airlines
- Royal Caribbean Cruises
- Melia Hotels International
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Tourism Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.